Halifax C/Card PPI

Options
Hi all, quick question.

Made a PPI claim on my HFX C/Card on 13th June. All I have had since then is a holding letter saying they have 16 weeks to action the complaint. I rang Halifax last week for an update and all they said was to callback on 3rd October (next Monday) as that is when the 16 week deadline expires.

Any advice on what to do should I hear nothing from them after next Monday? How would I escalate this further?

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    aprice84 wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question.

Made a PPI claim on my HFX C/Card on 13th June. All I have had since then is a holding letter saying they have 16 weeks to action the complaint. I rang Halifax last week for an update and all they said was to callback on 3rd October (next Monday) as that is when the 16 week deadline expires.

Any advice on what to do should I hear nothing from them after next Monday? How would I escalate this further?

Thanks

Hi there

Sit tight on this now, that is correct of 16 weeks, and if they do want longer they should write to you, hopefully you will receive your decision soon.

You do have the opportunity of complaining to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), but please be aware they are taking a good while as well because of backlogs, but its your choice of course, personally I would see what comes back in the letter first though, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport