IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine help!

Options
Hi everyone,

We have a residents permit for our area, and most of the time we can park either in front of our house or at least a few doors down. There is a church at the end of our street and when they have an event on all the guests park in our street which means we cannot. A few weeks ago this happened and we had to park 2 streets away in the only space we could find. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite big enough for our car, and our back wheel was on a yellow line by a few cms. This is why we have the ticket. We have appealed it, but the council have refused our appeal. On top of that, they only sent the letter to us on 12th Sept, by which time we were on our honeymoon so we have now passed the 14 days for the reduced charge.

My question is a) can a parking fine like this be appealed successfully if we continue appealing? We feel it is unreasonable given the difficulty parking in the area when there in an event on and also given that we were parked safely and not obstructing any traffic or other vehicles/pedestrians/driveways etc.
b) can we appeal to pay the reduced amount due to our holiday?

Thanks!

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    Options
    I suggest a post like this goes to pepipoo.com. Take pics/scans of both sides of the pcn and any correspondence and remove identifying details,leave dates. Pics of the lines and signs will also help. Check their stickies for details on how to post the pics.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, continue to appeal but with help - it's an all or nothing gamble and the odds are in your favour. Did you realise that most people win who appeal a real Council PCN with the help of pepipoo forum (and even without help most people win at adjudication - in some areas Councils almost never contest!).

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Do as PTP says, make sure you see how to post pics there first and it's a very busy forum so you may have to bump your own thread to get a reply when you need more help. Best time to start a topic or reply there is early evening IMHO as that's when most replies are posted and your new thread would be at the top at the right time.

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    As an aside, weekends are slowish as some people have a life outside forums so don't be surprised.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Firemunchkin
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice - I'll check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure