TalkTalk Harassment

Options
Hi Everyone,

A friend has moved out of her property and infomed TalkTalk to close the account. That was 3 months ago. Since then, they been sending her monthly bills adding the monthly rental. She phoned them up on several occasions and despite apologies from their incompetent staff, the account still has not been sorted out. She has now received a letter from a debt collection agency demanding the money - this is money which she does not owe.

Can anyone tell me what her legal rights are in this respect. She called the agency and they were most abnoxious - they told her that she should settle the account and sort it out with TalkTalk. If they notify a credit agency, can she sue TalkTalk or the debt agency for damages.

Any advise from anyone who was put in this situation would be appreciated.
Before doing something... do nothing

Comments

• dan2002
    dan2002 Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    hi sorry to hear about ur friend ,but I tryed to close my b/b account and it took for ever ,then when I closed my phone account and I know I "paid them in full",I got a letter on a Thursday telling me I had 4 days (not working days but 4 days)to pay them £10.50 or they would pass it on to a debt agency ,this seems to be the way this company is working ,that if you want to leave them ,they are going to destroy any good credit rating you have build up and yes I did get mine paid in time only just but did put a letter a long with my cheque asking about the other money I had paid them and you can guess they never sent me a reply ,I have just put this down to getting tied up with a "BAD COMPANY" and every time I can I will be telling people of how bad they are and if I can stop 1 person from joining them then I will be very happy so I will keep putting out how bad they are
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure