Will Aid suggested donations and etiquette discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Minerva69
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    Could you post some information about this register? I've never heard of it .

We didn't know about it either, the solicitor told us about it. Now I've looked it is mentioned on the Will Aid website, and the will register site is here: http://www.certainty.co.uk/willaid/default.asp
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you. I see it seems to be a fairly new initiative, and although it appears straightforward there's no indication of who owns and runs the Register website, which seems odd.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Minerva69
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    Thank you. I see it seems to be a fairly new initiative, and although it appears straightforward there's no indication of who owns and runs the Register website, which seems odd.

I'm intrigued now, but thought it must be ok as it was recommended by the solicitor, they registered the wills for us and sent us the registration certificates. I did a WHOIS request for the domain name, it belongs to someone who is registered as an individual (not a business) so doesn't give any details other than their name. There are some contact details on the Certainty website though http://www.certainty.co.uk/contact
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A sneak around google seems to indicate it's a limited company, the address seems to be a house in the middle of the countryside in the midlands, and I have no idea how the company makes its money.
    However - as the company gets a mention in the Law Society's website, your solicitor is using the company and it hasn't cost you anthing - there shouldn't be a problem.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure