SOA-Help needed!!

Options

Comments

• CMorena
    CMorena Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Haughley Harridan,
    brilliant, wel done, you are an inspiration :)
    I know its v difficult, especially when I never eat out, do not go out, never buy clothes, I always seem to be depriving myself of stuff and quite frankly it sucks. Feel like am not going to get a break. Then again I know I got myslef into this situation and only I can get myself out of it.
    Heyho, am going to make a list of things to do and aim to complete a few each day or at least start the process.
    So much to do but hopefully lots will come of it
    keep on going!
  • CMorena
    Options
    RE: shares
    should i cash these in to get some cash to clear some debt? They are currently worth about £500.
    Would this be costly to do?
    thanks
  • charl8888
    Options
    I think its definitely a good idea to sell the shares - and put the money towards the Barclaycard bill. When I sold some shares I went into my local Natwest branch (with the certificates and some ID) and they did it there and then, the money arrived in my account a week or two later. Natwest took a small commission.

Hey, when you're rich you can always buy some more shares!!!
    Lightbulb moment 30/10/06
    Debt at highest (30/10/06) £24 816
    Debt on 06/01/09 £2500
    Bank Charges Reclaimed from NatWest £1400
  • tryhard_2
    tryhard_2 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    looks like you are very motivated. have you considered doing some extra work (like selling on ebay/amazon) to pay towards your gym treat?
    TH
  • CMorena
    Options
    Hey, when you're rich you can always buy some more shares!!![/QUOTE]

am loving that idea!
    am unsure what to do because someone on investments forum said not to bother as it was a drop in the ocean compared to the size of the debt.
    heyho
    :)
  • CMorena
    Options
    tryhard wrote:
    hi
    looks like you are very motivated. have you considered doing some extra work (like selling on ebay/amazon) to pay towards your gym treat?

yes that is part of the plan, ebay anything that is not tied down!
    am loathed to give up the gym as it really motivates me but might have to give it up so that can be debt free quicker then pick it up again when have more cash.
    hohum :)
  • tryhard_2
    tryhard_2 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    seems to be sensible suggestion; you could ask for gym subs for b'day/christmas pressie
    TH
  • CMorena
    Options
    tryhard wrote:
    seems to be sensible suggestion; you could ask for gym subs for b'day/christmas pressie

Good idea. I do have an excercise bike and a few exercise dvds and also once the weather gets better will be more motivated to start my road running (inpreparation for my 10k run!)
    I WILL get there!!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CMorena wrote:
    yes that is part of the plan, ebay anything that is not tied down!
    am loathed to give up the gym as it really motivates me but might have to give it up so that can be debt free quicker then pick it up again when have more cash.
    hohum :)

have you tried your council gyms on a more PAYG level? My mate uses them and says they are usually deserted. When she doesnt go, she doesnt lose out.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • CMorena
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:
    have you tried your council gyms on a more PAYG level? My mate uses them and says they are usually deserted. When she doesnt go, she doesnt lose out.
    Mine does not have one, used to be a member of one before i moved, but think there is one closer to hme that is privately owned as opposed to large plc, hence its cheaper.
    failing that will be getting out on the roads when weather gets better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure