Cranky.com - new search engine for 50+ age group launches

Options
Cranky.com

An excerpt from the PCAdvisor review:
Search engine for 50+ age group launches

Cranky.com simplifies searches for silver surfers

A new search engine hopes to generate cash from targeted ads by filtering data for 50-year-old-plus baby boomers who lack the patience to wade through pages of results.

Launched last week, Cranky.com is the brainchild of Jeff Taylor, who founded the online employment site Monster.com and now serves as chief executive officer of the media company Eons.....

........Like Google and other search engines, Cranky aims to make money selling targeted advertising alongside its search results.

The name "cranky" was chosen by Taylor because of his own shift in mood whenever he gets lost in what he calls the "search quagmire," according to the website.
What do you guys reckon? G

P.S. Mods please move to relevant forum if applicable - thanks

Comments

• jrrowleyws
    Options
    most results look american
  • Charis
    Charis Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GoofyGAT wrote:
    Cranky.com

An excerpt from the PCAdvisor review:

What do you guys reckon? G

P.S. Mods please move to relevant forum if applicable - thanks

I reckon it's demeaning for people to assume that because your hair is going grey you can't work things out for yourself. If anything it is my kids' generation which have no patience and get cranky if they can't get what they want. I am over 50 and have learned the proper way to use a search engine to find relevant results. It's not rocket science. It's far harder following a complicated knitting pattern.
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried to register with this site just to see what it was all about but couldn't get past the 'zip code' field! Didn't recognise UK post codes! :mad:
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport