Good examples of business plans

Options
Hi all, anyone got one they would be happy to share or know locations of tried and tested plans on the net?

Comments

• steve1980
    steve1980 Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    Options
    Have you looked on Google?
    Estate Agent, Web Designer & All Round Geek!
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    have a chat with your local chamber of commerce as they invariably offer free courses and free advice to people starting up in business. They gave me a template to use for my business plan because they taught me what needed to go on it.
  • paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    Most examples I have seen online were American and very different to what (I expect) UK ones are normally like. I don't think I ever found any decent ones as every industry and set of circumstances are so very different, and it also depends why you are writing your plan.

What I found much more useful was getting a *structure* for the plan, once you have the basic framework you then just have to get on and write it :)
    I found the HSBC business plan template invaluable, you can download it and there is also an online version to start you off. On hsbc.co.uk go to Business Home -> Starting a Business -> Starting your business -> Writing a Business Plan

Other banks also provide free tools/guides/templates, I think Lloyds sent me a disc with Sage business plan software. Different tools work for different people I guess. Make sure you customise the structure to your own needs, and remember there is no perfect structure. If you are pitching it at a bank manager then write the introduction last - not first - as this summary is crucial, it should contain all the key information in a clear and concise manner.
  • bigandy1314
    Options
    Thanks all, even just for the UK google came up with over 2 million so it's a bit of a minefield. appreciate your help
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Dont forget to be REALISTIC in your business plan, as according to some start up business plans i have seen, or looked over for people, they will be millionairs in 6 months...lol.....

When doing a business plan or looking at any business venture, i allways look at it as the glass being half empty, not half full.... as this way it make you truley look out for the potential pitfalls
    Work to live= not live to work
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    I think you will find any ones that actually make money are quite closely guarded secrets.
    Safeguarding your livelihood, is how you become successful and rule number 1 is you never let anybody see how you do your job.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Suarez
    Suarez Posts: 970 Forumite
    Options
    What I did was googled business plan examples in the specific area I wanted to go into. Printed off about 5/6 and took the most useful parts and added them to mine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure