Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

School Funraising ideas for UNICEF

As a primary school we are involved with UNICEF's Day for Change on Friday 2nd February. We want to raise as much as possible therefore i would be grateful if anyone has any new ideas that would work within the school.

We are used to our dress down days, bad hair days etc and would like to think of something new which would motivate the children.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I presume that Unicef give some ideas? But the one that's just popped into my head would be a water activity of some kind, maybe a class moving the amount of water a family uses from one part of school to another.

But it's a bit of a waste of water, unless you can use virtual water in paper buckets, IYSWIM ...

Or dressing in costume of one of the countries you're particularly supporting via Unicef? If that's practical ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • wendyf_3
    wendyf_3 Posts: 159 Forumite
    countries around the world was the themem that i was thinking about so i might go with this idea. thanks for your help x
  • Fizog
    Fizog Posts: 362 Forumite
    Maybe you could extend to foods/customs familiar to the areas you will be supporting. Each class could represent a different place for the day and study the childrens day in that paticular country ie gathering firewood, fetching water etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure