Nescafe Reward Beans

Options
I have collected these for years and bought another 3 jars of Gold Blend just 2 weeks ago. I find I can't get a reward as Nescafe have stopped the Beans Rewards scheme.
Just out of interest, what are my consumer rights seeing that the scheme was being promoted on the labels when it was not actually available to new members at the time of purchase?

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check terms - I bet it says 'offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice'

And retailers selling a product with a promotion is not controllable by the manufacturer by any other means than removing the offer - which they have done.

If first line is in the terms your rights = none.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    As visidigi stated, Nescafe would have no way of knowing or controlling how many promotional jars will be in shops, wholesalers etc and these might still be appearing on shelves in many months.

Just because something is shown as being available on an item doesn't always mean that it will be. All it means is that it was available when the item was printed or packaged.
    Take lottery scratchcards for example. A particular card may offer a top prize of £1000,000, but when you buy the card you have no way of knowing if it still available of it someone won it the previous week.

JUst about any special offer or freebie will have a disclaimer somewhere "subject to availability" or similar.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    re scratchcards - you can check on the website which big prizes are still unclaimed - and people MUST do this because once the big prizes are gone people DO stop buying them and they are returned, checked, and scrapped.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    re scratchcards - you can check on the website which big prizes are still unclaimed - and people MUST do this because once the big prizes are gone people DO stop buying them and they are returned, checked, and scrapped.

Sorry to go off topic and not that I buy scratchcards anyways - but very good advice :T
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    re scratchcards - you can check on the website which big prizes are still unclaimed

I realise that, but my point was that when simply buying a card you have no way of knowing how many prizes have already won.

Just as scratchcard buyers can find out information by going to a website, the OP could have gone on to the Nescafe website and found out when the Reward beans promotion was due to end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure