How to stop cats fouling the garden

Options
2»

Comments

• cc74
    cc74 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've tried the lions pooh, and it was unsuccessful and expensive!
    I've tried carrier bags tied to the fence as they don't like the sound. That didn't work either. I like the sound of orange peel!!! I've heard that curry powder is good too, but not sure how that would be effective?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it your own cat or a neighbours?

If its your own cat, what I did is place bark all round the bottom of one particular bush and encouraged them to use that area alone. To start with I took some of their own "poo" from the litter tray and placed it there. It quite a bushy bush so gives them cover when its raining and you can't see the results of what they do in the summer time. Then I just sweep it up and replace with a fresh bark every so often :D
  • savvydoggy
    Options
    Since we got a greyhound the problem of cats in the garden has become more of an amusement.
  • keatergreyhound
    Options
    Hiya
    I was training a while ago to be a vert nurse. Buy yourself a bottle of olbas oil. Apply librally and after rain to the area concerned. Give it a few days and they wont be back. They have such a sence of smell the Olbas knocks them back
    HTH
    2007 is my getting slim year
    Total weight loss so far is 16llbs:T
    Total to go 15 pounds:eek:
    Not no more as im having a baby:D
  • Md
    Md Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I've used twigs from bushes that I've pruned in the past. Just break them up and stick them in the ground, so they stick out about 3" high. If the cat can't find a comfortable place to squat it will go elsewhere.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • novice
    novice Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    i had a cat that use to love the smell of olbas oil if i used it he would rub against me alnight, he was in heaven, bless takes all sorts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure