We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Comments

• slbhill wrote: »
    It's against Facebook terms & conditions to have more than one account. Quite a few people on the competitions board do something similar - and some have been caught. If Facebook notice they have been known to delete both accounts. That's not to say there aren't plenty of people doing similar things, but you need to decide if you're willing to risk your "real" account.

For the vouchers you'd need to read the individual T&C to be sure whether it's an issue - I suspect getting a 2nd coupon via a 2nd account is not what they had in mind but some are "one per email address" which isn't much of a limit in these days of freemail!

Oh thanks for that, I didn't know that. I'll delete the 2nd one. Out of interest does anyone know if I can turn off my friends being able to see all the useless posts I'm likely to get on my real account.

Hopefully someone can answer before I'm deleted, I don't know where else to ask the question.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Morrisons this morning.

Campbells is all on offer until the 19th of February - use the 20p MOCs - excellent store cupboard items. I did not check the condensed soup but this might be on offer as well,
    cup a soup 53p
    pasta and sauce 47p
    savoury rice 47p

Also the kingsmill 50/50 bread is £1 - use the 30p MOCs

(Both these MOCs are pdfs, save and print as many as you like, check the Pdf printables list)

(Didnt get the rustlers as we dont like them)

Hearty Eggs are £1.20 and on them is a peel off 30p MOC - makes them a good price. These are the Omega 3 eggs.

Also loads of other good offers eg 4 pink milk for £1, swedish meatballs for £1.49 (these only go on offer once or twice a year, freeze nicely) Ham £1, bacon half price, bags of apples for £1 etc.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • I'm wondering if I'm better of following this thread rather than the coupon one!

Since it's the chat that's educational, rather than just having the coupon details, I might be better off in here.

Do the coupons still get listed here as they come in or have I got to find even more time in my day to read MSE!!!!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,457 Forumite
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    the coupons are listed in the first few posts of the coupons thread , and new coupons can be easily identified by blue text towrds the end of the thread

(hence the removal of the chat posts to make it easy to spot them rather than wade through pages of chat)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier Photogenic Rampant Recycler Name Dropper
    I decided to open a new FB account for my coupons so I don't clog up my pals walls with lots of posts they won't care about (I hate all the game stuff coming up on mine) and as a result have got more £1 coupons from Unilever and Andrex 90p one.

My query is, is that allowed, or should I not use them. I have used the ones on my personal account, but don't want to break the rules.

TIA

even peeps who have 2 fb accounts for comping, are finding they are having these closed, so not worth the hassle.

If your friends don't want to read your drivel, ie you like cadburys, etc, they can change their settings, so your notifications are only about important things, or they can click on the x, you have to hover on the right hand side of the status, and it will show you an x, click on this and say they do not wish to receive any more updates like this.

but you never know seeing you benefit from saving money by following these companies may inspire them to do the same...
  • mhoc
    Aesop wrote: »
    even peeps who have 2 fb accounts for comping, are finding they are having these closed, so not worth the hassle.

If your friends don't want to read your drivel, ie you like cadburys, etc, they can change their settings, so your notifications are only about important things, or they can click on the x, you have to hover on the right hand side of the status, and it will show you an x, click on this and say they do not wish to receive any more updates like this.

but you never know seeing you benefit from saving money by following these companies may inspire them to do the same...

There is a method of grouping your friends on facebook for instance you could have
    family
    work mates
    people from your book group/hobby group
    people from your childs playgroup etc

And then you can choose which group fo friends to send messages to
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • OnAndUp
    OnAndUp Posts: 981 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    I have more than one Facebook account.

I have just set the others up in my parents names who have no interest whatsoever in Facebook ;) so don't have their own accounts!!

Surely they can't find fault with that? :)
    "Things can only get better.................c/o D:Ream #The 90's :D"
  • mhoc
    I'm wondering if I'm better of following this thread rather than the coupon one!

Since it's the chat that's educational, rather than just having the coupon details, I might be better off in here.

Do the coupons still get listed here as they come in or have I got to find even more time in my day to read MSE!!!!

Yes, I've also almost decided to move house, to visit this thread first, then the new PDf MOCs thread and between these 2 most new things are covered.

Its everyone elses shopping lists, bargain finds and experiences that are so useful to know

Its only if something happens on facebook eg a free product print off to the 1st x thousand that the printables thread is extra useful for
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2012 at 7:25PM
    Hi ALL

MY REQUEST IS PLEASE
    still post coupon find, expired coupons and broken links in coupon thread.

from 1st pages of coupon thread that was added a while ago
    to clarify, to be posted where:

coupon thread

can we post new coupons(broken links) in BLUE and end of coupons in the same manner

would suggest if there are coupon specific questions then its ok in here and also if you have spotted a deal relating to a coupon , ie cheaper in Tesco etc multi buys

also the shopping list is ok in this thread

coupon chat
    any other discussion will get moved to( or taken too) the other thread

abusive posts will get reported in the normal manner to the forum team

for explanation of what is acceptable please take time to take a quick read of ( or requaint yourself with)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs

as i say will post when i know more
    please be patient while things are sorted/clarified

thanks MT
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    :mad:

Is anyone having the same issue with Tesco's price checker as I am?

Everyone I do is coming back that they are the cheapest (when I know they aren't!) I have seperated the items on offer to prevent them appearing cheaper but still they claim to be the cheapest.
    The problem is when they compare items half the shopping list shows N/A on the comparible item in Asda - I'm sure it's just a ploy!!!

I also had a problem with Asda recently and their price guarantee - it keeps telling me my last online shop was more than 28 days ago so it cannot compare - this is crap as my last online shop was 11th January and I've been trying to do it since the 12th!!!

Sometimes I wonder if they are all working together!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.