We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Comments

• so it was coupon abuse then?

i have no idea now, i am very confused , i never use anything im not supose to :S
    i thought it was okay as some of them to say they can be used at the managers discretion and the email i got from s's cs when i emailed them was

Hi Amy

Thank you for your email about coupons not being accepted at our Plymouth store.

I'm sorry a colleague refused to accept your innocent smoothie and Huggies coupons. Let me ensure you we are always happy to help and all our colleagues should adhere to this
    at all times. We do accept all coupons, as long as you have purchased the relevant items, the number of coupons that can be used per item or per transaction is then down to either the terms on the voucher or the discretion of the manager.

I have logged your comments on my system and also contacted the
    General Store Manager, at Plymouth. I have asked him to look into this and take
    the appropriate action to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention Amy, I can assure you, you
    shouldn't have any trouble in the future using your coupons. If there is
    anything else I can help you with please let me know.
    What Goes Around Come Around
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    dasophster wrote: »
    No they aren't myrtleturtle; I have checked, browntoa has gone through with the threat (which had little notice tbh) but thanks anyway, its not your fault xx

Oh gees - I am really lost - whats going on???

Who's Browntoa?

I am a relative newbie - I joined a whileback but only started using this site in December, then I was away for a month.

Please can someone explain whats going on? I obviously get it's about chat but I thought by chat it meant chit chat!

What is acceptable and whats not?
  • Magsta
    Magsta Posts: 343 Forumite
    Gosh this use to be such a nice thread it's like being in work now and yes it's truely aweful there also. Seems power goes to some peoples heads. I thought this was a democracy not a totalitarian state where if it does not suit those in charge other peoples feelings are overruled and overlooked. As for the comments from the newbies that they agree chat should be moved perhaps it's because they are not intersted in anything except saving money and the influx of these people is why we had to create a chat thread in the first place to keep them happy because they just wanted high gain from minimal effort. Although I did not post often I always read each post many of which made me laugh out loud. I'm afraid all that pleasure has now gone and I to am no longer intersted in this thread, I can find this information from other sources. Oh dear I'd better stop I can hear browntoa's jackboots coming..................
  • neosi
    neosi Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2012 at 3:34AM
    Im another rat that's leaving this ship.

However im going to openly say why im going and im sure plenty of other people will agree with me as its all been said before.

Alot of experienced users left this thread last year for the same reason and now I see others leaving too. This is just one reason why there doesn't seem to be many coupons around. The good people that used to find lots of coupons don't post anymore...!

MT you do a great job with this thread and I really mean that but at the same time you are driving people away. I apologise in advance if you don't like what im about to say but it has to be said. You come across as rude and very abrupt with people. If someone posts a new coupon and god forbid they don't post in blue, your response is just plain rude. You moan when people "clutter up the thread" yet you are the prime culprit. You respond to peoples posts multiple times, you feel the need to repost a new coupon straight after someone has posted it (we don't need to be told twice). And why oh why do you still post in bold and in pink. Its difficult to read... many people have said this time and time again but you just ignore us and continue.

The so called chat thread is just somewhere to move posts you or BT don't like.. it isn't a chat thread at all...and now we are being told our posts are gonna be deleted instead of being moved, well that's the end of the chat thread aswell then, as there wont be any new posts cos they'll all be deleted.

This thread used to fantastic, people posting shopping lists and general on topic chat yet now if you don't abide to the hypocritical set of rules the post will be deleted.

For the sake of keeping this thread alive lets go back to how it used tobe then the experienced couponers will be back. Until then.... Adios Amigos...!

[SIZE=-1]Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?[/SIZE]
    OBI-WAN KENOBI
    :beer: :A :beer:
  • neosi wrote: »
    Im another rat that's leaving this ship.

However im going to openly say why im going and im sure plenty of other people will agree with me as its all been said before.

Alot of experienced users left this thread last year for the same reason and now I see others leaving too. This is just one reason why there doesn't seem to be many coupons around. The good people that used to find lots of coupons don't post anymore...!

MT you do a great job with this thread and I really mean that but at the same time you are driving people away. I apologise in advance if you don't like what im about to say but it has to be said. You come across as rude and very abrupt with people. If someone posts a new coupon and god forbid they don't post in blue, your response is just plain rude. You moan when people "clutter up the thread" yet you are the prime culprit. You respond to peoples posts multiple times, you feel the need to repost a new coupon straight after someone has posted it (we don't need to be told twice). And why oh why do you still post in bold and in pink. Its difficult to read... many people have said this time and time again but you just ignore us and continue.

The so called chat thread is just somewhere to move posts you or BT don't like.. it isn't a chat thread at all...and now we are being told our posts are gonna be deleted instead of being moved, well that's the end of the chat thread aswell then, as there wont be any new posts cos they'll all be deleted.

This thread used to fantastic, people posting shopping lists and general on topic chat yet now if you don't abide to the hypocritical set of rules the post will be deleted.

For the sake of keeping this thread alive lets go back to how it used tobe then the experienced couponers will be back. Until then.... Adios Amigos...!

Is there any other money saving-voucher forums?
    October wins- Crate of reloaded
    November Wins- 2x chapsticks
    December wins- Pringles speakers

No big wins so far.......:o
    -Loves winning-
  • CouponWoman
    CouponWoman Posts: 6,065 Forumite
    Good morning guys

I am sorry but some of you are being a bit rude to MT and BT

This thread was changed to just provide an easy to use list of coupons and a where to use them guide to use them to there best advantage.

It was changed in response to the vast numbers of new couponners who were clogging up the thread and numerous complaints that no one could find the coupons because of it. To this end the thread was split, into coupons on one (this one) and chat on a second thread.

It cannot go back to how it used to be.

I really cannot understand why people can't get their head around that and continue to moan. Nothing could be easier than a quick check of this thread to see if any new coupons are listed and then a pop over to the chat thread via the link on page 1 and chats away.

If people don't like this all they need to do is not post, easy peasy. That way they can just check for new coupons and move on to something else.

Remember no one gets paid to run this thread, they are volunteers, so peeps should remain polite to the workers. If they don't do what they do everyone will lose out.

Take care and happy couponning

CWxx (the real one)
  • I think you will find that once all the chit-chat stops then the coupons will begin to appear more frequently.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Very puzzled, apart from the Persil £1 MOCs I dont recognize any of these MOCS. I think I need to go back and read page one all over again :)

Amy_Lou wrote: »
    Had a super good shop today from using coupons from here and a few i got from complaint/compliments to companies

Went to mr T's and got cheerios and shreddies = £2 using £2 voucher
    and some coco pops =£2 using £2 voucher
    Then went to mr S And got 20x Muller fruit corners = £6 Using £5 vouchers and paid £1
    4 x peppa pig spaghetti = 49X 4 =£1.96 Using £2 voucher
    2 persil non bio liquid tabs £2.99 X2 = £5.98 used 4 x £1 vouchers so paid £1.98
    2 x pilgrims choice lighter £6 using vouchers paid £3

So got about £23 worth of stuff for just under 6

Happy face =p =p =p
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Amy_Lou wrote: »
    Had a super good shop today from using coupons from here and a few i got from complaint/compliments to companies

Went to mr T's and got cheerios and shreddies = £2 using £2 voucher
    and some coco pops =£2 using £2 voucher
    Then went to mr S And got 20x Muller fruit corners = £6 Using £5 vouchers and paid £1
    4 x peppa pig spaghetti = 49X 4 =£1.96 Using £2 voucher
    2 persil non bio liquid tabs £2.99 X2 = £5.98 used 4 x £1 vouchers so paid £1.98
    2 x pilgrims choice lighter £6 using vouchers paid £3

So got about £23 worth of stuff for just under 6

Happy face =p =p =p

Hi Amy Lou, can you please tell me where you got the Muller vouchers?
  • Its the original coupon thread (the sticky at the top of the page) with all the coupons currently available on the front page where browntoa has been deleting posts-not this one-this one is fine for any coupon related chatter. I believe browntoa is one of the moderators-not sure as fairly new to site myself xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.