Options

Comments

• Best_price
    Best_price Posts: 4,602 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    savingbabs wrote: »
    Just been to Mr T and had a bad time!

Told that they stopped taking price checks months ago, even though I showed them the compare print out with 27.2.12 date on it.

Then they wouldn't take all my coupons because some had my OH and DD name on them - could take them but only if I split the shop - didn't want to do that as had a £5 off WYS £40.

Email to management on it's way, will let you know what response is

I also got told that Tesco do not not take price checks :mad:

With regards to the name on coupons, for the dettol one, i put dettol coupon as my name then it doesn't matter if the names don't match up ;)
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden 154/06/270
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    Options
    daft question time but to clarify
    is it the tesco price check coupons they are refusing to take or asda ones????
    savingbabs wrote: »
    Just been to Mr T and had a bad time!

Told that they stopped taking price checks months ago, even though I showed them the compare print out with 27.2.12 date on it.

Then they wouldn't take all my coupons because some had my OH and DD name on them - could take them but only if I split the shop - didn't want to do that as had a £5 off WYS £40.

Email to management on it's way, will let you know what response is
    mhoc wrote: »
    I compained to HQ when my store refused to accept my price check voucher and I was told it was up to the store wether or not they accepted them :mad:

Did you have OH and DD with you at the till, if so they should not have had any problem accept different names
    but it will be interesting to see what HQ says about different names on MOCS
    Best_price wrote: »
    I also got told that Tesco do not not take price checks :mad:

With regards to the name on coupons, for the dettol one, i put dettol coupon as my name then it doesn't matter if the names don't match up ;)
  • Best_price
    Options
    daft question time but to clarify
    is it the tesco price check coupons they are refusing to take or asda ones????

Tesco price checks - done via their price checker website and giving just the difference
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden 154/06/270
  • sidemoore
    sidemoore Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Just been on the Twining face book page and noticed a link to print off a 50p coupon. I have put it on the main coupon thread. Looks like it is going by email address and not IP. Couldnt see it posted, appologies if it has already been posted
  • Best_price
    Options
    sidemoore wrote: »
    Just been on the Twining face book page and noticed a link to print off a 50p coupon. I have put it on the main coupon thread. Looks like it is going by email address and not IP. Couldnt see it posted, appologies if it has already been posted

Thank you - love Twinings!
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a good Coupon shop yesterday:
    5 x Flash Wipes - £5.00 - Had £5.00 MC Coupons
    2 x Cathederal City Cheese - £7.98 BOGOF (so £3.98) - Used 2 x £1.00 off cheese price drop coupons
    2 x Fabreze Aerosol - £4.00 - Had 2 x £1.00 MC Coupons
    2 x Always Ultra - £2.40 - BOGOF (so £1.20) Had £1.00 MC Coupon
    2 x Herbal Essence - £3.32 - Had 2 x £1.00 MC Coupons
    5 x Oral B Tothpaste - £6.20 - Had 5 x £1.00 MC Coupon
    2 x 50/50 Bread - £2.10 (but 2 for £1.90) Had 2 x 30p Coupons

Total before promotions - £33.60 / After promotions £28.21
    Total paid after coupons - £10.61

I think I could supply Oral B to our troops and still have enough for home use - lol!
  • bullshot
    bullshot Posts: 4,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mickey.p wrote: »
    Had a good Coupon shop yesterday:
    5 x Flash Wipes - £5.00 - Had £5.00 MC Coupons
    2 x Cathederal City Cheese - £7.98 BOGOF (so £3.98) - Used 2 x £1.00 off cheese price drop coupons
    2 x Fabreze Aerosol - £4.00 - Had 2 x £1.00 MC Coupons
    2 x Always Ultra - £2.40 - BOGOF (so £1.20) Had £1.00 MC Coupon
    2 x Herbal Essence - £3.32 - Had 2 x £1.00 MC Coupons
    5 x Oral B Tothpaste - £6.20 - Had 5 x £1.00 MC Coupon
    2 x 50/50 Bread - £2.10 (but 2 for £1.90) Had 2 x 30p Coupons

Total before promotions - £33.60 / After promotions £28.21
    Total paid after coupons - £10.61

I think I could supply Oral B to our troops and still have enough for home use - lol!
    How did you manage to use the 2 x£1 price drop mocs for the cheese, they are £1 off £4 and you total was under £8?
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bullshot wrote: »
    How did you manage to use the 2 x£1 price drop mocs for the cheese, they are £1 off £4 and you total was under £8?

I asked the same question last week when someone else said they gave 2 in but it worked!

I did get 2 cheese spread that were on offer (small tubs were £1.20 but large were only £1.30!) and asked if they were classed as cheese and it was confirmed that it was so I bough 2 just in case as my son eats it every day!
  • Victoria_Meldrew
    Options
    Is there any way I can find what the SSM MC Boots coupons are for specifically eg. Haircare, Feminine, Laundry (not that Boots would be my first choice for laundry products!)
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    Options
    beauty boots: nice'n'easy, max factor, olay & gillette venus
    vicks boots is any vicks product

laundry is tesco & sainsburys ( bold,ariel, lenor & fairy)
    feminine care also T & S ( tampax & always)
    haircare T & S: pantene, head & shoulders , herbal essences
    household T & S ( fairy , flash, ambi pur & febreze)
    dental T & S ( oral b products)

Is there any way I can find what the SSM MC Boots coupons are for specifically eg. Haircare, Feminine, Laundry (not that Boots would be my first choice for laundry products!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure