Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Options

Comments

• Supermum44
    Supermum44 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if this is the best place to ask. I am trying to find more websites to get money off vouchers for my weekly food shopping, have a couple but not many. Could any one help please
    :)
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boots will only allow one coupon per transaction, even if you have three of the item, and 3 coupons.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Supermum44 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the best place to ask. I am trying to find more websites to get money off vouchers for my weekly food shopping, have a couple but not many. Could any one help please
    :)

MyrtleTurtle runs a great thread, where people post any coupon finds, she does a great job of updating first posts with all the coupons and provides a shopping list of where to spend them too.

The link is the Printable Coupon Thread, sticky at the top of this board.

As to what other companies? - you could look through your store cupboard, and check out the website of each retailer/manufacturer and sign upto their newsletters, etc to see if they offer coupons/
  • kittycatface
    Options
    thanks aesop and auntycaz i think i'll go for 1 per transaction on the olay wipes which will then work out at 1.49 each, and risk keeping few coupons back in the hope of a better offer. I've only just got new printer ink this weekend so have been printing off like a mad'un, organising my stash and shopping list by supermarket tonight, there are five little piles on my desk as we speak! I also plan my "nip ins" as I call them to boots/sd/supermarkets in lunch half hr and on way home each week. Couponing is the new part time job!
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mickey.p wrote: »
    Where in Tesco do you find these? I can never find them!
    I opted to get them from Mr S last time but they were £2.66!

They are in the aisles where the shampoo, shower gels etc are. Difficult to be specific as my store has just had an upgrade and keeps changing things round. Alternatively they could be along the back wall near the bathroom goods.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So I got a conditional spend till spit today for a £40 shop which I am hoping will go with the one I was sent in the post. I've alos got a JTD voucher so this is a good start.

I can either just get £40 of half price Whiskas - a ie a just forward shop with no oppurtunities for MOCs or JTD.

Or I can buy £40 of wine and try to get £20 JTD voucher - is this possible?

Or a lot more fun I can get £40 of shopping and aim for a maximum JTD voucher. Plus use as many MOCs and price flop MOCs as possible along the way.

Any advice, not a lot of print off MOCS

So far I've thought of the Pizza offer and the Cornish ice cream so with a few more bits thats £10 of frozen and £2 off frozen.

I can also get the own brand yogurt which wont price match but I can use another £2 of MOcs off yogurt.

So that still leaves £24 of shopping.

Still got loads of the Tesco lenor MOCs from SSme is there anything I can buy cheaply with these that could give me a JTD voucher???
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How often do Tesco put conditional spend vouchers in newspapers?

I think they had one last week, but didn't need one then. Does anyone think they will print another one soon?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • savingbabs
    savingbabs Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    Just been to Mr T and had a bad time!

Told that they stopped taking price checks months ago, even though I showed them the compare print out with 27.2.12 date on it.

Then they wouldn't take all my coupons because some had my OH and DD name on them - could take them but only if I split the shop - didn't want to do that as had a £5 off WYS £40.

Email to management on it's way, will let you know what response is
    SPC 2015: #319 £10.65 / £500 Bulgaria tin
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I compained to HQ when my store refused to accept my price check voucher and I was told it was up to the store wether or not they accepted them :mad:

Did you have OH and DD with you at the till, if so they should not have had any problem accept different names
    but it will be interesting to see what HQ says about different names on MOCS
    savingbabs wrote: »
    Just been to Mr T and had a bad time!

Told that they stopped taking price checks months ago, even though I showed them the compare print out with 27.2.12 date on it.

Then they wouldn't take all my coupons because some had my OH and DD name on them - could take them but only if I split the shop - didn't want to do that as had a £5 off WYS £40.

Email to management on it's way, will let you know what response is
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • savingbabs
    savingbabs Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    DD stood with me, OH in store - hence why they said put through as separate shops, just making it difficult.

Will see what store manager and CEO say - have contacted them both
    SPC 2015: #319 £10.65 / £500 Bulgaria tin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family