We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Boots Grabbit Bargains Thread part 4 - post your finds here

1…2223252728…210

Comments

  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    First on in staore at my local - 2 botanics gifts sets for £2 with the 75% off, and the 2 freebies as well - lol!!
    Got one of those lavendar gift sets with the eye mask - i think that there are 6 items in the box in total for £2.50 - I will be splitting this up to put into HM hampers.

    Savings over today and the weekend £76.21 - all towards my pin money challenge - cheers boots.
  • Should have read this thread before i went:mad: as missed out on loads of points.

    but on the plus side i have christmas presents and birthday presents for the rest of the year:j and saved a fortune

    Dont know if it helps anyone but in my boots in folkestone they have a No7 makeup bag that is reduced to £6.50 and you can use the £5 off voucher off it. This was by the No7 makeup downstairs.
  • zztopgirl
    zztopgirl Posts: 676 Forumite
    Got a good haul on the Isle of Man, in case there are any manx lurkers here!

    Loads of No.7 and alcohol gift sets, spent £25 and saved £72 :D

    Tried to get sa to use a £5 voucher but she said straight away its not for gift sets. Oh well was worth a try!
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Spent about £70.00 ish at Solihull store (the one by Homebase) mainly on Botanics bags £3.75 instead of £15.00 and yes the freebie moisturiser did work with them. Badedas bags were £3.75, Royal Jelly Vases and Dishes were £3.75 and £3.00, Evening Primrose Butter Dishes and Jugs £2.50 each

    They also had a lot more stuff as you went to pay by the till. Spa foot sets at £2.50 and some bath balls for 75p.

    Just as I got home my order off the internet turned up - now have to convince hubby we need all of it and have room to store it in.!!!!
  • edda
    edda Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    500 Posts
    beachlou wrote:
    Has anyone used the firming gel? tried it today after the shower and it felt all sticky-glad I didn't pay for it! The sculpting lotion feels much nicer

    Botanics Quenching Body Lotion is quite sticky as well. Had gloopy arms for a while after I used it! :eek:
  • Glitterati
    Glitterati Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Absolutely loads of sale things in Coventry! Fantastic! I spent a fortune! First store I went to at 9am was dead, and they had trolleys!! The trolley was only just big enough for all my items lol! Was given a shopping list by my mum and nan of things they wanted, including
    5 x lynx bag sets = £13.70 (were £10.99 each)
    5 x trevor sorbie mens hair sets = £15 (were £12 each)
    4 x hair dryers = £25 (£6.25 each)
    and loads and loads more including lots of no7 makeup sets for me, although couldn't find the no7 artists kit in any store which is a shame as thats what I really wanted! made up for it by buying lots of other kits though!lol
    Also got tonnes more Botanics stuff, bought the mens botanics face the day kit-was 8 now £2, and the womans facial treats kit, was 8 now £2, and both got me free moisturisers! Also found 2 reduced mens botanics gels to £1.25 and they worked a treat with moisturisers too! At one store the lovely lady let me do each lot of botanics in different transactions and let me get a magazine each time! She was really impressed with the bargain!
    Used 7 of my no7 £5 vouchers and got myself lots of no7 goodies like a concealer/single eye shadows and more wipes (love those wipes!)
    So in all today I've added up (had 14 receipts!!! LOL) :rotfl: that I spent...
    £135.95!! :-o So much! Luckily I am owed £55 of that back from some things I got for other people!
    But the total savings for today according to receipts =£405.41!!!! and I also got myself 700 points back from botanics vouchers and points from the normal spend! Great!!!:T

    Oh and btw, I put also 4 of those change 1 thing booklets in one transaction and that worked too)
  • Sammz
    Sammz Posts: 3,406 Forumite
    Damn, wish I had gone in my lunch hour. Don't expect there to be much at 5pm :(
    OD Girls On Tour
    Barcelona 2008 - Dublin 2009
  • plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Loads at Preston today, spent too much but have sorted quite a number of next years christmas presents out
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
  • Thanks for the reminder, I was all set for a day of catching up on the house work until I saw that 75% off had started today. I went into town and got lots of good stuff, unfortunately the free moisturiser didn't work with the botanics stuff i bought ( soothing shave kit ) but i am very pleased with all that I have bought :) especially most was on boots vouchers from pigsback :)
  • There is a shed load of stuff in the larger Leeds store in the town centre. Bought as much as I could carry and am going back after work has finished.

    Christmas and birthdays sorted already!
    Giving up is easy...... just keep on trying!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.