anyone rented through Flatland in London?

Options

Comments

• DGarland
    DGarland Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Glad I saw this thread, as I was considering Flatland.

I'm going to London at the end of June, and I've got a room through Airbnb for a week - but I need to find somewhere to live within that week.

Ideally I am looking for a studio in Zone 1 or 2. Gumtree has lots of dodgy ads, and though I will be using it, I don't think it will be enough.

Any good agencies you guys can recommend?
  • AnnaFL
    AnnaFL Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    DGarland can you tell me what's your situation now? Did you find a studio and if so who did you use? I'm in the same situation - relocating to London in two weeks and searching for a place to live. I would appreciate the update and potential recommendations. Thanks
  • DGarland
    DGarland Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    AnnaFL wrote: »
    DGarland can you tell me what's your situation now? Did you find a studio and if so who did you use? I'm in the same situation - relocating to London in two weeks and searching for a place to live. I would appreciate the update and potential recommendations. Thanks

AnnaFl,

Not yet. I'm moving to London on 23rd of June. I've booked a temporary room for a week - but hoping to look for something in person once I get there as I didn't have much luck online with advance booking anything.

Also you really can't trust the pictures with properties in London.

So far I keep looking at gumtree and spareroom.
  • chandni.j
    Options
    DGarland wrote: »
    AnnaFl,

Not yet. I'm moving to London on 23rd of June. I've booked a temporary room for a week - but hoping to look for something in person once I get there as I didn't have much luck online with advance booking anything.

Also you really can't trust the pictures with properties in London.

So far I keep looking at gumtree and spareroom.

Did you find studio DGarland? :) i am in a similar situation and wondering how you found a flat.
  • Mia11
    Options
    This FLATLAND AGENCY in GLOUCESTER ROAD is a DISGRACE. NO CLASS. TERRIBLE. the WORST.

I don't know how come there are ever good reviews for this FLATLAND AGENCY in Gloucester Road. I just called them 2 days ago. A miserable staff (guy) told me the room I was looking for will be available at the end of November. So I asked what is the date so I could plan my schedule. AND HE SAID: "Don't you know the end of November is 29, 30, 31 YOU BLOODY IDIOT?" and he hung up!!!

Absolute the worst, grumpy services. DO NOT EVER USE THEM. You'll be so regret it later. Trust me, there're many other good agencies somewhere else.

I don't think they can do any other jobs else in their pity miserable life.

Sincerely,
  • xiaodan1120
    Options
    I was looking for a flat to move in asap and I did find the flat by using the contacts given by flatland and moved in on the same day. I am very pleased with the flat so far. Great location, reasonable rent and very nice landlord. Well managed building as well. I saw some bad reviews about flatland. My suggestion would be that it is all down to your own effort to find the suitable flat for yourself. Use agent properly and do not expect that the agent will look after you like your parents do. Be friend with them, use them wisely and they will help you to find your own flat.
  • CKTAYLOR
    Options
    Very positive experience with flatland. Went into their office on the Thursday for a free consultation with Mike who was very patient with me given all my questions. Decided to go back on the Friday, pay the £60 sign up fee up and was then sent to a studio viewing that afternoon. By the Tuesday I had the keys from my new landlord. All in all a very decent experience given the stress I was under having to move very, very quickly. Thank you flatland.
  • beckyb87
    Options
    Yes its a lot of money but it will save you a lot of time, energy and sanity. They find you appointments for the same day and do the hard part of flat hunting for you. I really recommend them.
  • jedigyoza
    Options
    Agents at Flatland helped me find out my flat in less than 2 days by providing a long list of landlords to call according to my budget and criteria. They were proactive, keen and very efficient in responding to my request. Their smile and welcomeness were also very much appreciated. I recommend by far Flatland for any people who are looking for a flat asap.
  • BakerBoy
    BakerBoy Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm.

And Hmmmm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income