ACM*HYDROXATONE US Scam Help!

Options
Wife signed up for a free trial and a one off postage charge. They now have got her on a recurring payment from her visa card. Quick search on the internet shows what cowboys these guys are. Genuine scum.
Trouble is it looks like peoople that have had problems cannot get the recurring charges to stop. The bank advises them to fill in forms every time they are charged.
Any ideas??
thanks

Comments

• HAD29
    HAD29 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cancel the card?
    HTWSSTKS
  • happi.ocholloh
    Options
    Card has been cancelled but I work for a well known company and one of the biggest complaints I have to deal with. You took money from a card that was cancelled years ago. Visa and mastercard can still honor the charge on a cancelled card.
  • room237_2
    Options
    you need to escalate the dispute and if necessary get the FOS involved. hopefully a lesson learned: NEVER give card details to a non EU company that you have never heard of. insist on a direct debit/standing order, or use a prepaid card.
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    They give an email address here and claim to have had problems with their international lines (more likely they have just been flooded with calls, complaints and people trying to cancel)

Email: socialmediasupport@hydroxatone.com

(00) 800-2358-7491

If they say they will not refund you tell them you will file a complaint with the FTC and will also be requesting a chargeback with your credit card company - this should 'encourage' them to change their mind. ;)

You can make cheap(er) landline calls to the US using a predial number like Simply Dial: http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/usa/bt/easy
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Azmataz
    Azmataz Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Inside the link that competitionscafe posted, Hydroxatone staff give the following USA based toll-free number: USA/Canada (800) 672-2259 (8 am – 10 pm EST)

If you have a Skype account, you will be able to call this number for free. I don't even think you have to have credit in there for it to work. Remember that they are on Eastern Standard Time - that's 5 hours behind us in the UK.
  • JUDY40
    Options
    The skype call worked and they claim to have already reimbursed my account. I;ll be checking. Massive thanks for the comprehensive advice :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure