Faulty boiler how much is it costing me?

Options
I've been searching the web to find some sort of cost or calculation to find out how much extra my faulty boiler is costing me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• mjmal51
    mjmal51 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2011 at 12:59PM
    Options
    Think people need more info, if the fault is that it is not working then it is costing nothing!
    Do you mean it is inefficient?

Some info here, the fuel prices will be out of date but you can use your consumption and price and extrapolate, old boiler at 70% and condensing boiler at 90% efficiency.
    http://www.confusedaboutenergy.co.uk/index.php/heating-and-hot-water/central-heating
  • sweeties_2
    Options
    Its a 'fabulous' Ideal boiler and after numerous issues and parts being replaced Ive now been told that it is - if I remember this correctly - the pressure valve? The part that should have 1/2 water 1/2 air to create the pressure?? and its cheaper to replace to boiler than to replace the part as either way the whole thing has to come off the wall.

Due to a dispute with my landlord, Im trying to calculate how much extra this has been costing me to run?
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sweeties wrote: »
    Its a 'fabulous' Ideal boiler and after numerous issues and parts being replaced Ive now been told that it is - if I remember this correctly - the pressure valve? The part that should have 1/2 water 1/2 air to create the pressure?? and its cheaper to replace to boiler than to replace the part as either way the whole thing has to come off the wall.

Due to a dispute with my landlord, Im trying to calculate how much extra this has been costing me to run?
    Hardly anything. Not enough to be worth calculating.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Expansion vessel is what you mean.

You could have one fitted external to the boiler, but as near as possible to it in the return pipe.

This will be a lot cheaper.

There is no way even taking the boiler off the wall to replace the original will cost the same as a new boiler.

Around £250 ish I would have thought.
  • ollski
    ollski Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    on an isar / icos g4u?, be I could find you lots of folks willing to sell you a new one of them for 250 quid!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure