PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help where can I buy waxed jam papers + covers

Options
Can anyone tell me where I can buy the waxed jam papers and covers from please?

My OH and I went for a walk yesterday and came back with 8lbs blackberries! So jam making is in progress but I cannot find my covers from a few years back and couldn't find them in ASDA'S. Can you make your own from greaseproof paper/baking parchment, and if so, what can I replace the cellophane top with - cling film?

Any suggestions much appreciated - thanks

Margaret

Comments

• Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm planning on making mincemeat this year, and I've ordered mine from Lakeland.
  • basill
    basill Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Probably not the cheapest but you can buy them in Robert Dyas.

B
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    John Lewis also sell them.
  • Money_maker
    Options
    I've always found mine in newsagents shops.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, my newsagents up the road sell them too.
    Val.
  • dogstarheaven
    Options
    apparently, you can use the bag out of cereal boxes as they're the same type of paper. i've not tried it yet, but have saved some in case i do.
  • jackyann
    jackyann Posts: 3,433 Forumite
    Options
    I think moneymaker is lucky to have such nice newsagents! As I don't live near a Robert Dyas or John Lewis, I always make sure I add some to my Lakeland order!
    And yes, I have used the paper from cereal packets - it's very good for wrapping sweets & cakes etc. but it's a bit too thick to be good for topping jam.
  • mummy2jack
    Options
    I ordered mine from Eb@y, but whilst doing my shopping in Morrisons the other day I spotted them for 98p a pack in the kitchen aisle (exactly the same ones I had paid over £3 for on Eb@y!!)... so it might be worth you having a look in your local store... :)
    October grocery Challenge
    £131.50/£200 /£68.50

• jennyjelly
    Options
    The Range sell them.

Personally I don't bother with them if I'm using screw top jam jars and have never had a problem. If you are using the cellophane tops they are necessary though. Also make sure you soak the cellophane circles in warm water long enough to soften them up otherwise you won't get a really tight seal.
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My Wilk*nsons had them, really pretty labels too. Don't remember the price sadly, but they were with all the new pastel coloured kitchen utensils in a perspex display type thingy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure