Cost of fan for Worcester Greenstar.

Options
Could anyone help me re: my nan's heating. Phoenix Gas heating with this boiler (Worcester Greenstar) which is 5 years old. The engineer said the fan was broken and it cost £260 for part and work. Anybody knowledgeable on this matter to confirm that this is correct.

Thanks

Comments

• Fortune82
    Options
    The fan assembly for a Greenstar costs from £150 + VAT from a plumbers merchant. You might be better off playing dumb and seeing if you can get a fixed price repair from Worcester Bosch. There are details on their website.
  • jinnywren
    Options
    Fortune82 wrote: »
    The fan assembly for a Greenstar costs from £150 + VAT from a plumbers merchant. You might be better off playing dumb and seeing if you can get a fixed price repair from Worcester Bosch. There are details on their website.

Fortune82

She had the work completed tonight but I just wanted to make sure she wasn't being taken advantage of.
    So would that be £150 plus vat plus the plumbers callout and time.
    Thanks
  • ollski
    ollski Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    was a bit cheap really, 150 is a trade price not retail. By the time you take your guys vat off he has charged about 218...thats approx retail for an average greenstar fan.
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Taking the £150 + vat as gospel (I don't know myself), my price would have been £276, so from here she has had a good deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure