Contents insurance cover for UK - Cyprus move

Hello MSE's!
I wonder if you all can help, hubby and I are moving to akrotiri on posting in a few weeks and our current insurers cant cover international moves. We have looked at kit insurance with PAX but been told they cant cover us as result of prev claim (burst pipe in loft whilst away for a fortnight a yr ago entire loss of all house contents £20k claim).
Does anyone know of any other insurers we can try who will cover our stuff being shipped?

Any help gratefully recieved:)

Comments

• 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We use Pax so can't help you, however there are a couple of facebook pages for the Cyprus community, BFC bay and BFC buy sell and swap shop, there is lots of info on there, someone may be able to help, I am presuming as you are heading to Aki you are RAF, there is also a facebook page called RAF Quarters and one called RAF Wags, someone on there may be able to help you. The other thing you could try is insurance through Forces Financial.
  • 13Kent wrote: »
    We use Pax so can't help you, however there are a couple of facebook pages for the Cyprus community, BFC bay and BFC buy sell and swap shop, there is lots of info on there, someone may be able to help, I am presuming as you are heading to Aki you are RAF, there is also a facebook page called RAF Quarters and one called RAF Wags, someone on there may be able to help you. The other thing you could try is insurance through Forces Financial.

thank you for this, will see what i can find. Seems like everyone i speak to advices against using the movers own insurance. :mad:
  • OP,

http://www.centor.co.uk/

This is the recommended insurance company for moving overseas, the insurance sheet would of come with the packup from DSCOM.
  • mr51bro wrote: »
    Hello MSE's!
    I wonder if you all can help, hubby and I are moving to akrotiri on posting in a few weeks and our current insurers cant cover international moves. We have looked at kit insurance with PAX but been told they cant cover us as result of prev claim (burst pipe in loft whilst away for a fortnight a yr ago entire loss of all house contents £20k claim).
    Does anyone know of any other insurers we can try who will cover our stuff being shipped?

Any help gratefully recieved:)

I would try Forcesplan or Siiap.org which lists all companies that provide kit and contents insurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure