We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Motorcycle CBT?
passatrider
Posts: 838 Forumite
in Motoring
I recently bought a 100cc scooter and had to take a CBT test even though I've held a full car licence since 1986.
What I want to know is do I have to take the CBT again in two years time if I've not gained my full bike licence within that time? I'm a bit confused as I'm being led to believe I don't have to do the CBT again as I gained my full licence before a certain date?
Any ideas?
What I want to know is do I have to take the CBT again in two years time if I've not gained my full bike licence within that time? I'm a bit confused as I'm being led to believe I don't have to do the CBT again as I gained my full licence before a certain date?
Any ideas?
0
Comments
-
Thats only to validate your full moped entitlement.
Provisional licence= CBT every 2 years.0 -
Yes, you need to do your CBT every 2 years for a 100cc machine.
As you took your test in 1986 you have full moped entitlement already. So you can ride a Moped (sub 50cc, limited top speed) on your licence without taking a CBT, and without L plates. Anything bigger (or faster, like if you de-restricted a Moped) you need to do your CBT and re-take every two years.
Bigjl is correct in that you can validate a moped entitlement for ever by doing a CBT, but that is only required for people who passed their car test after Feb 2001, since they only have provisional, rather than full, moped entitlement.0 -
Ok, thanks for the info!
0 -
Our Masters in Brussels are changing Motorbike licence rules and tests from January 2013, so it's probably a good idea to aim to do your test before then anyway.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards