We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
which car to go for? Help !
Please do advice as to which car i can buy.
BMW 3 series saloon
Audi A4 saloon
Mercedes C class saloon
I am looking for the petrol version as I drive about 8-10k/yr.
The only thing stopping me from buying BMW is the risk of skidding in snow/ice.
thanks a lot
BMW 3 series saloon
Audi A4 saloon
Mercedes C class saloon
I am looking for the petrol version as I drive about 8-10k/yr.
The only thing stopping me from buying BMW is the risk of skidding in snow/ice.
thanks a lot
0
Comments
-
BMW and Merc are rearwheel drive, Audi is front wheel drive (or 4x4 on the quatro).
My mates Merc C320 was stuck on his drive during the snow. But mainly because he refused to listen when I told him he needed winter tyre's.
He insisted he needed 4x4, so then went out and got a Subaru Impreza (4x4) WRX and got stuck again in the snow the following year :rotfl:
My advice = buy what you want, buy a set of spare steel wheels, get some winter tyre's and don't worry about it.“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”
<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/0 -
+1 on Strider's advice. Buy what you want, and look at getting some winter tyres on a spare set of wheels.
Mrs. Redped & I both have BMWs, neither of which moved for 10 days due to the snow. I bought a cheap set of 2nd. hand BMW alloys off Gumtree, refurbished them over the last few weeks, and will be getting winter tyres on them in the next couple of weeks. That way at least one of our cars will be okay if we get the same amount of snow this year.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards