Npower reverted me to standard tariff

Options
Following the green light on this site i used one of the switching websites and switched to Npower in june. I received various e mails asking me to view my acount online but never bothered. Anyway finally did it this morning but as a new customer with no bills there wasn't any useful info and nowhere did it say what tariff i was on. I rang Npower and they had put me on the Standard pay cash quarterly tariff. I questioned this as I didn't sign up to that and they stated that due to a computer error at their end they had a problem recognising Santander bank accounts. Therefore they automatically reverted me to the standard tariff with paper bills and increased tariff. They apologised and have back dated me on the old tariff but how many others with Santander accounts are unaware of the problem?

Comments

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    It seems not jsut npower, a few credit cards are also having the same issue with santandars sortcodes
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure