We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Old policy with Royal Liver...how do I find details

Options
I have an policy document which was taken out on my behalf by my father when I was 2 weeks old in 1948. The weekly premium was 1d. It looks as if it was to pay for my funeral( perhaps I was a sickly baby). I would like to find out if there is any money coming my way for funeral expenses as I could tell my kids.....anyone any ideas as to how I go about it. thanks
Wombling £457.41

Comments

• maclean2
    maclean2 Posts: 709 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Royal Liver still exist and are at

Royal Liver Buildings
    LIVERPOOL L3 1HT

I don't know exactly what type of policy you have there but suggest you write to them with a photocopy of it asking if any pay out is due.
  • sashacat
    sashacat Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, maclean2, I will do that.
    Wombling £457.41
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ISTM that this would have been a whole life assurance policy issued by the Industrial Branch ( Paid on doorstep with premia entered in to a book). I belive that many of those policies lapsed or at best became paid up, and that because of the collection costs any bonuses on with profit policies were low. I would not hold much chance of you being able to take a cruise on the strngth of that policy. Rather than weite and pay a stamp, could you scan the policy and attach the copy to an email to them. Their website is http://www.royal-liver.com/ http://www.royal-liver.com/ and they also have a freeenumber 0800 09 29 808
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ISTM that this would have been a whole life assurance policy issued by the Industrial Branch ( Paid on doorstep with premia entered in to a book). I belive that many of those policies lapsed or at best became paid up, and that because of the collection costs any bonuses on with profit policies were low. I would not hold much chance of you being able to take a cruise on the strngth of that policy. Rather than weite and pay a stamp, could you scan the policy and attach the copy to an email to them. Their website is http://www.royal-liver.com/ and they also have a freeenumber 0800 09 29 808
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport