Missing Pre-Advice (Hermes)

Options
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything...

I recently placed an order with Dorothy Perkins and have had no issues whatsoever with them before. Nor have I had any issues with Hermes the few times I have had parcels delivered by them from other companies. However this morning when I checked my tracking number provided I found this...

Date Time Status
06/09/2011 23:18 Order Generated
06/09/2011 22:37 Receipt at Hub
06/09/2011 22:37 Missing Pre-Advice

From the little info I could find on the 'missing pre-advice' it isn't good news, I think I remember one person saying this meant they had lost it?! I know it's early days as it was only despatched yesterday, but this is one of those things I'd rather get to the bottom of sooner rather than later.

If Hermes have lost it, how would I go about getting my money back? Does anyone know how long Dorothy Perkins make you wait for stuff like this? I know Play.com make you wait 3 weeks and I am hoping it isn't that long as I could really do with the money back if I'm not getting my order...

Thanks in advance for any information anybody can give me!

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It doesn't mean it is lost. If a parcel is lost they don't know until it is reported -- it just goes missing in the system.

If a parcel does get lost though, it can (legally) take upto 28 days from the day you cancel the order to get a refund.

Look at the tracking, 'missing pre-advice' was the first update, probably just means an error in the address or something, which has since been rectified -- hence the more recent 'order generated' status meaning the order is now booked in with the courier.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    don't worry about this a pre advice is basically a pre advice note which is sent to Hermes before they receive the goods for delivery and the real advice note. It notifies Hermes early on what they will receive for delivery. All this means is that Dorothy Perkins have not sent the pre advice note to Hermes, probably because of a system failure. It won't affect your item delivery.
  • System
    Options
    so to continue what i was saying above. What has happened is your parcel arrived at Hermes at 10:37. Hermes had not received a pre advice record for your order and so flagged on their system at 10:37 that the order was unexpected. However they still have the item and will deliver it, so in summary you will get your parcel!
  • aph1500
    Options
    Oh thankyou! Worried me as I'd never seen it on Hermes before.. parcel arrived fine a few days ago. Thanks again and I'll be sure not to worry about it too much in the future lol.
    :)
  • morley39
    Options
    Thanks goodness i read this as ordered gifts for christmas and looked up my order and got the same message

Date Time Status 13/12/2011 02:35 Missing Pre-Advice 13/12/2011 02:35 Receipt at Hub
    and i thought it was losted lol

thanks guys for putting my mind at ease:T
  • weemocky
    Options
    Thanks so much for this thread. ordered school shoes and went to check tracking and guess what, "order missing pre-advice" :mad: panic set in so I googled and it brought me here. Will wait patiently on my shoes :j
  • SOULMANTOTO
    Options
    this is what is on my hermes
    What does 'pre advice missing' mean?

This means that we have received your parcel, but the shipment has not yet loaded onto our system. The most common occurrence is if you book a ParcelShop drop off, and take the parcel to the shop the same day. Please note, this scan will have no detrimental efect on the delivery.
  • System
    Options
    Not massively interesting but Parcelshops is a relatively new service and did not exist when the OP was posted.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    aph1500 wrote: »
    I know Play.com make you wait 3 weeks

I haven't used Play since the day they did this to me.
  • So pleased to come across this thread in my google frenzy. Sent an item via the parceldrop service and my latest status is: Missing Pre-Advice. I thought they had lost it or maybe the label had come off. Phew :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure