We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

While depending on social security can I apply for a life insurance policy ?

If I'm lazy to go to work can I depend on the social security income ? While depending on social security can I apply for a life insurance policy ? :confused:

Comments

  • mattymoo
    mattymoo Posts: 2,417 Forumite
    Answer to the first part of your question would be get off your lazy !!! and find some work. I suspect the goverment will take a similar stance and ask you to attend job interviews etc.

    Part 2 of your question though - no reason why you shouldn't apply for life insurance. Most people do it to leave something for their dependents if they die. It is also a common requirement of mortgage lenders for you to have a policy in place.

    Insurers do routinely check out the medical background of anyone looking for a large policy - e.g. £1m plus.
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. But I just cudnt find anything what I am looking for. Can you please explain and help me with this.
    Thanks,
    Augastin.
  • mattymoo
    mattymoo Posts: 2,417 Forumite
    Sorry I do not understand what you are asking for.
  • Troll?..............
  • hi guys,
    i posted my reply in the wrong thread. sorry for the hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.