We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Getting deposit back on car
willharris100
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Motoring
Hi guys,
I've been looking for a new car for a while now and I finally found one I wanted and can afford. I went to dealer and test drove the car but I couldnt buy it there and then as the dealer's system was down. He rang me the next day and said there were no new cars available right now in the UK and I'd have to order one so I put down a £200 deposit over the phone. I then rang another dealer a little bit further away and he said he had access to loads of the car I wanted! How do I go about getting my deposit back from the first dealer? I haven't signed any finance paperwork yet so they shouldn't have ordered the car for me. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
I've been looking for a new car for a while now and I finally found one I wanted and can afford. I went to dealer and test drove the car but I couldnt buy it there and then as the dealer's system was down. He rang me the next day and said there were no new cars available right now in the UK and I'd have to order one so I put down a £200 deposit over the phone. I then rang another dealer a little bit further away and he said he had access to loads of the car I wanted! How do I go about getting my deposit back from the first dealer? I haven't signed any finance paperwork yet so they shouldn't have ordered the car for me. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
0
Comments
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards