cheaper admin vs cheaper fuel

Options
Just had a look at some of the comparison sites (as I have always done). I have only 3 choices that are cheaper than the EDF standard rate which I have just been moved on to. However two are still EDF (one is the fixed rate )and the prices per unit appears to be more expensive as well as the daily charge than the standard rate I am on! The cheapest is NPower that will save apparently £60 a year. On closer inspection that appears to be only because they do a huge discount for paying DD on duel fuel. So essentially the price of fuel is more expensive which might make a difference if my usage changes.
Do I change (and get a free £40 wine voucher) and not change how I use fuel or move to a slightly cheaper fixed deal with EDF. Confused!

By the way both EDF deals save me only under £25 a year. Cheers if you can explain this to me!

Comments

• chris1973
    Options
    Do I change (and get a free £40 wine voucher) and not change how I use fuel or move to a slightly cheaper fixed deal with EDF. Confused!

Only you can make that decision. What is the greater 'pull', saving money over a longer term?, or a cheap means of getting sloshed? :)
    "Dont expect anybody else to support you, maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse, but you never know when each one, might run out" - Mary Schmich
  • eurmalian
    Options
    Do also remember that EDF have not announced a price increase yet. There is a chance that they won't, but it's a pretty slim one. So the odds are that if you move to a non-fixed rate (or stay on the standard one) then your prices will go up by 10-20% in a month or two anyway.
    I am an employee of British Gas, however the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Centrica, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure