PPI Claims after bankruptcy

Options

Comments

• Papasmurf_64
    Options
    Ok new thread been a decorator since I was 14 I'm now 50 lost everything in 2007 made myself bankrupt ... Been unemployed since with depression and anxiety really want to get bk to work but have no money to buy transport or tools any idea on how I can change this all help would be appreciated I'm currently receiven ESA due to other health problems
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ok new thread
    This is the SAME thread?
    have no money to buy transport or tools any idea on how I can change this
    Have you considered working as an employee? Your employer would then provide tools and equipment.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with bankruptcy and PPI.
  • Papasmurf_64
    Options
    Obviously you dnt know anything about the trade ... How do I delete my account on here as I'm finding it completely useless as the people who so called advises have never been in this situation and clearly have a happy go lucky life as for the general public who looses everything and not from pure greed looses out
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Obviously you dnt know anything about the trade …
    My point was that you don't have to have any extra money in order to start some kind of work. You don't have to continue being a decorator, why not work in a supermarket etc until you can afford to become self employed again?
    How do I delete my account on here as I'm finding it completely useless
    All you have to do is cease posting, you don't have to delete your account.

Once again, this has nothing to do with bankruptcy and PPI.
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Options
    Papasmurf 64 .......to start a new thread, specifically concerning your very evident problems, go to the main Bankruptcy page...top left is a small box, marked ''New Thread''.....simply think of a title, to attract attention..then, post up your specific problems.

Most, if not all of us have been in a similar position to you.....perhaps not in detail, however.

What I will say is, from the brief outline you have given on what is now an inappropriate thread [this one]....all you seem to want to do is revert to life as it was pre-bankruptcy.

Nothing inherently wrong in that, but to do so you evidently need some working capital.

That would not have come your way anyway, regardless of the bankruptcy, because of of your previous debt situation, and poor credit history.

So, how to accumulate capital?

Well, one suggestion already made is to obtain any sort of work which pays?

There is nothing to prevent you from earning, saving, then realising your ambitions....easier now that you have [almost?] no debts to worry about, eh?
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • Rylynn
    Rylynn Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly thankyou for this thread. I went bankrupt back in October 2008 and without this site would have lost my mind and not have had a clue where to start.

My 80 year old mother was contacted by phone from a company about PPI I was very dubious but it appears this company are legit and paying her nearly 700 pound back, she NEVER contacted them, unlike others she had contacted.

I then thought about my loans and cards and thought about this PPI but I remembered signing something for the OR that any PPI money would be claimed by him. I just popped over to make sure that this was correct, and I see that it is, and that any money would not be mine anyway.

I am not angry or sad, or anything else, as someone has rightly said back on 22 October a judge in a court gave me my life back, it has not been easy but I sleep at night since with no worries of debt collectors or nasty phone calls. I have never ever taken out any credit and nor would I, have survived this long without why go backwards now and end up back in that terrible place called HELL and DEBT AGAIN:

Again thanks to you all for your help back then and for all the help you still give to people daily.

Lynn
    Some Days are Diamonds Some Days are Stones,
    Sometimes the hard times won't leave me
    BSC 162:beer:
    Banktupt 22 Oct 2008 at 10am!
  • hollieollo
    Options
    Moneyineptitude;66313328]You will never receive a "refund" of PPI you effectively never paid in the first place. Even if your complaint is successful, any redress will be offset against your defaulted debt. It doesn't matter if it was a second loan which was not paid, it was with the same lender.
    You can read about the off setting rules here;
    As promised I am now able to offer an update on my situation. I have been able to get some proper legal advice about this matter from the FOS. The PPI element of any loan is an insurance and not a loan per se. For that reason, as long as the premiums have been paid, they are refundable under the law. In my case, the first loan in my name was paid up or settled, along with any PPI premiums. Then a new loan was set up in the business name. Therefore they are refundable and are not allowed to be set-off against any other loan, credit card or anything else. They are also subject to the standard 8% compound interest since inception.
    Of course, I have not heard officially from HSBC, but now I know that should they try to set-off my claim, I can go to the FOS who have, evidently, already ruled on this subject.
    I hope this helps those people who have been in the same situation as I have been.
  • cebco
    Options
    i was discharged in may 2011 claimed ppi 2014 loans taken out in 2006 bank loyds sent money to aib what can i do can i appeal against this they are going to reopen my insolvency to claim this money
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    cebco wrote: »
    what can i do can i appeal against this
    Please read just a few pages of this thread.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hollieollo wrote: »
    Of course, I have not heard officially from HSBC, but now I know that should they try to set-off my claim, I can go to the FOS
    Probably better to worry that your mis-selling complaint might be rejected before worrying too much about the possibility of it being offset.
    The 8% redress interest is simple,not compound, by the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure