PPI Claims after bankruptcy

Options

Comments

• JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,292 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's not a clean slate though is it if u still owe the creditors and will do either untill u repay everything or until your death what I dnt understand either is how can anybody get credit after bankruptcy and can claim ppi bk with interest ... Bk to front if you ask me also if you owe say £20000 and you get bk that amount you still won't be debt free cus you have to pay the OR £1550 for paying them ... Either way I loose ... No justice

That would only be the case if you were applying for an annulment on the grounds of payment in full.

In these case there are OR fees, Secretary of State fees, out of pocket expenses, they do all add up.
  • Papasmurf_64
    Options
    Is there any way the OR would let me keep some of the money to help me out and hopefully back to work
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is there any way the OR would let me keep some of the money to help me out and hopefully back to work
    Of course not.
    It's a pre-bankruptcy asset which belongs to your former creditors.
    hollieollo wrote: »
    I never made any PPI claims because I did not pay off the loan. will I receive the payment ...or will they try to offset it against the debts that they wrote off years ago?
    It will be offset .
  • Papasmurf_64
    Options
    Is there any good news on here regarding being bankrupt ... Discharged ... Ppi refunds lol there must be
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    Is there any good news on here regarding being bankrupt ... Discharged ... Ppi refunds lol there must be

The situation has not changed since you posted yesterday.

Perhaps you could start a thread about the specific problem you are having? Not the PPI, you know the situation there, but the issues you are having now.
  • hollieollo
    hollieollo Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2014 at 10:56PM
    Options
    Of course not.
    It's a pre-bankruptcy asset which belongs to your former creditors.

It will be offset .

Juts a quick update. I received a call today from a debt help charity. They must have been relpying about a query I submitted on this matter of offsetting against outstanding liabilities.
    The situation can be clarified as follows:-
    The unpaid loan, overdraft and credit card at HSBC were sold to recovery companies 8 years ago. They all gave up and I was never contacted formally by any of them and I did not make contact, or make any payments etcetera. in 2012 I wrote to all companies involved and put an advert in the London Gazette regarding the Limitation Act of 1980. This was acknowledged by all concerned.
    The crux of the matter is that the original loan of £25000 was paid off and a new loan raised at the same time. It was the second loan which was unpaid. The Debt Charity legal people feel therefore that the original loan with the offending PPI is a valid claim and that is stands alone from the other , subsequent debts.
    To date, I have not received a reply from HSBC, but I have 5 weeks to wait before the eight week limit is reached.
    I will post the results on this thread when I get it so that anybody with a similar situation can benefit.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hollieollo wrote: »
    To date, I have not received a reply from HSBC
    You will never receive a "refund" of PPI you effectively never paid in the first place. Even if your complaint is successful, any redress will be offset against your defaulted debt. It doesn't matter if it was a second loan which was not paid, it was with the same lender.
    You can read about the off setting rules here;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/setting-off
  • Papasmurf_64
    Options
    I had 10 loans all paid off and with ppi 5 years before I went bankrupt all with the same bank which was not in my bankruptcy but apparently according to this site I wnt get a penny bk well neither will my OR cus I've given up and wnt bother putting a claim in as it's a complete waist of time jo blogs like me ain't suppose to have a chance to have a life back
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I believe we gave up the right to claim ppi when declaring B.R
    However the O.R has the right to claim now, and they will without you doing anything.
    I really wish you would start another thread as maybe we can help you with the things that are stopping you from moving on,
    B.R for most of us was a fresh trart with a line in the sand, but you seem to be struggling.
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Options
    but apparently according to this site I wnt get a penny bk well neither will my OR cus I've given up and wnt bother putting a claim in as it's a complete waist of time jo blogs like me ain't suppose to have a chance to have a life back

You really ought to have read the appropriate threads & posts?

The Official Receivers can, & will, make PPI claims themselves....they do not need your permission[or anybody else's, either] to do so.

You obviously do not want to understand the Bankruptcy process, and what it means.

To emphasize what I posted earlier.....if a Bankrupt engages a company to make a PPI claim on their behalf, well, it will save the OR doing so, but the monies received will go straight into the BAnkruptcy estate.....however, any fees incurred will be paid by the bankruptcy[for engaging hte PPI company in hte first place, when they had not the 'legal' right to do so?}

Like everybody else on here,you got your life back the instant the Judge granted your BAnkruptcy Petition.

As Luvchocolate says, you need to start a new thread about your problems, to allow us to attempt to help you through your current situation.....
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure