🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

npower gofix6

Options
dandare
dandare Posts: 311 Forumite
hey all,
i signed up for the go fix tarff from npower, fixed until 31st july. they've only taken over the lecy for about a fortnight and today i received a letter informing me of new prices? anyone else had similar? dunno if it's a generic type letter sent to all customers or whether i now need to go through the hassle of finding out who now is the cheapest supplier and move again. guess i should phone them first and see.

Comments

• Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I also recently signed up to gofix6 and also got a letter today telling me that they are putting up their prices but my prices won't be rising. Which was no surprise as it's a fixed tariff. What a waste of administration cost, postage and paper!
  • Dave_save
    Options
    Me too, I'm on GoFix6 and I had 2 letters from nPower, telling me something I already knew. A waste of time and money, demonstrating the inefficiencies that exist within this industry.
  • dandare
    edited 3 September 2011 at 8:07AM
    Options
    ok so,
    phoned them last night and unlike the repliers it does apply to me. works out i have an e10 meter and they won't do the gofix tariff with that so changed me to an other tariff. so the very helpful lady went away to see what she could do, phoned me back and said that once it's all set up they will come out and fit me an e7 meter then put me onto the gofix6 rate that i signed up for. seems like a good solution as it seems there are limited options for swapping if ye have an e10 meter and comparison sites aren't set up for it so aren't any use for those folk.
    i was sure i had e7 with me old supplier sp(comfort plus tariff) as we didn't get the afternoon boost.
    i should say that at the moment we're all electric, storage heaters, immersion tank. it's old council tenaments and in the coming year lots of renovation works are happening, insulation, windows, gas central heating etc..
    so are we best to get onto an e7 meter.
    quite confusing trying to get the correct info about which meter and tariffs i have and which i can change to.
    ta
    dan
  • bennybones632
    Options
    I too signed up for a fixed rate with npower, only to open a letter today to tell me that there are new prices and it doesn't say that it won't apply to me so I guess they do apply to me!
    Why fix only for them to tell you this?
  • dandare
    Options
    well in my case it was because of my meter. i signed up via cashback sites and i guess they only find out about the meter when they contact ye for mpan numbers then just process it regardless. it may not affect ye best give them a call. first couple of posters also received the letter but it doesn't apply to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport