Scottish Power annoying me now

Options
cifpower
cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
After a year of great service, I recently switched from their online saver to their capped June 2013 tariff.

First, they were charging me more than what was listed on their website. This was rectified and was told I would be rebilled after next meter reading. I entered my reading yesterday and looked at the bill today. For some reason they swapped me from a NSC tariff to one which includes standing charge. Why on earth would they do this?

Two complaints in a month is a big change from the past year.

19 minutes on hold now..........

Comments

• Newcroft
    Options
    I too had good service until I changed tariff. That's when the problems started. Scottish Power (like horses) seem to have some sort of difficulty dealing with anything outwith their 'blinkers.' The customer support agents are very polite, however, the billing department seems to be where the confusion begins - continues - and reigns. Poor staff; having to contend with idiot management.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi cifpower,

did you manage to get this sorted.

Our online saver tariffs are all no standing charge however the capped tariff's have the option of standing charge or no standing charge the agent should have given you the choice.

If this has not been sorted yet e-mail me at [EMAIL="onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com"]onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] with your account details.

Kind regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure