PS3 Dead. RIP

in Techie Stuff
3 replies 604 views
Fergie76Fergie76 Forumite
2.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Just went to turn on my PS3 and it won't turn on. No lights or nothing. It's like it's getting no power.

I have tried changing the fuse. Anybody else come across this or any suggestions?

Cheers.

Replies

• AstuteboyAstuteboy Forumite
    82 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Forumite
    Had something similar, wouldn't turn on at all via controller. If I switched the back switch on and off and pressed the front power it turned on for about 2 seconds and then turned off instantly.

I just replaced the PSU; there's a few guides on Youtube - it's fairly easy. Just take your PS3 apart, get the model number of your PSU, put this into eBay and buy another one (mine was an EADP 260AB and cost £20), replace and hey presto.

Changed mine a few months ago and it's been like new ever since; no problems at all.

I have a fat 80GB PS3 by the way; I did consider just getting a slim but it would have set me back a lot more than £20!
  • Fergie76Fergie76 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Got it working now. Thanks.
  • Fergie76 wrote: »
    Got it working now. Thanks.

How did you that post 1 (12:56am today)was after post 3 (11:05am today?

I know but it took a double take.
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals