Firefox

Options
It takes ages to load first time (but always has)

It makes my computer crash when in the middle of work (many times a day) the reboots and to add insult says "Well this is Embarrassing".

It then looses my forum passwords.

I think I'll have to use another browser.

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    aardvaak wrote: »
    It takes ages to load first time (but always has)

It makes my computer crash when in the middle of work (many times a day) the reboots and to add insult says "Well this is Embarrassing".

It then looses my forum passwords.

I think I'll have to use another browser.

Yup,Firefox used to do that to me on a regular basis,often giving me 'non-responsive script' messages & then locking up my laptop so I had to do a hard restart.
    Since then I've been using Opera & can honestly say it's a far better browser all round that you an customise like FFox,plus when you add an Add On with Opera,you don't need to restart it.
    The is also a little box on my menu so when I want to log into a site,I just press that box & it does it for me,no need to type my UN & P/W anymore.
  • alex21
    alex21 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    Always use Firefox and it has never given any trouble. Touch wood, hope I am not tempting fate but I am really happy with it.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you using the latest version 6.0.1?
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • santer_2
    santer_2 Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could try Palemoon without any add ons, then install any singly to see which if any cause the slow down. Palemoon will run most Firefox add ons

http://www.palemoon.org/

Do any disc cleaners remove cookies?
  • cinderfella
    Options
    I believe Mozilla have stopped support for Firefox. I have a number of other browsers on my machine but still prefer Firefox.
    The Met Office add-on was useful but can no longer be used. Download Helper is great for You Tube.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Are you using the latest version 6.0.1?

Yes I am version 6.0.1
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    aardvaak wrote: »
    Yes I am version 6.0.1

Damn - I'm using 5.0, and was hoping that upgrading to 6.0.1 would fix the problem.

The crashing problem only started a week or so ago, and I've no idea what started it - no add-ons added nor upgrades made at the time. I've made an effort to reduce the number of tabs I have open and that seems to help, but I've a feeling I'm going to have to ditch FF if this doesn't get sorted soon...
  • grizzly1911
    grizzly1911 Posts: 9,965 Forumite
    Options
    I am using the latest beta version and despite hanging, sometimes, whilst loading pages, more often than it used to, it is operating fine.

I am pretty sure Mozilla are still supporting/developing FF.

I think the underlying operating system may be heading for the wall though at some point.
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure