BT fight back

Options
Following MSE email I have just spent the morning working out ways to reduce my phone/broadband costs with BT. Then just as I thought I had a solution I received a phone call out of the blue from Orange (mobile provider for my family contracts) offering equivalent to my BT package for £29 a month. This is a £20 a month saving (yes I know ....how long has my head been in the sand:eek:). Never being known for rushing a decision I said to the very nice Orange person that I would look further at the details online and sign up online if I was happy.

Before checking online I rang BT retention department (nighmare to actually choose correct extension number) and told them about Orange's bold faced cheek at offering me an identical package for such a reduced price. Without any sharp intake of breathe the BT employee offered me a better package than my current one, so now evening calls are free as well as weekends, for total of £26 a month (this includes line rental). An immediate saving of £23 a month, that's £276 a year :j:j.

On top of that I have made instruction cards to place by the phone to direct family to use 18185 number for certain calls at set times during the week. This should halve my call costs.:T (providing they remember to use).

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport