Interview feedback

Options
Hi Guys

I had a interview yesterday and I think that it went well and the job is suppose to start on Monday.

I have not heard from them today how much longer should I wait before I call for feedback.

I am not having much luck lately with people letting me know the outcomes of interviews so I do not want this one to drag on as well.

Comments

• Jarndyce
    Jarndyce Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say if you haven't heard by Monday you didn't get the job.
  • hello2007
    hello2007 Posts: 462 Forumite
    Options
    Jarndyce wrote: »
    I'd say if you haven't heard by Monday you didn't get the job.

Would I look really desperate if I call them tomorrow ?
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Given it is to start on Monday I wouldnt consider it unreasonable to call on Thursday having given them 48 hours unless you asked them about numbers of other candidates etc and they said they were interviewing until Friday or such
  • hello2007
    Options
    I will call them tomorrow because they did not say that they were interviewing other people for the post.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Give them a call tomorrow. If you've got the job - congratulations! If you haven't got the job use it as a lesson in asking at the end of an interview when the chosen candidate will be contacted.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • smileylondongal
    Options
    What Errata said - best of luck for the role.
  • hello2007
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    Give them a call tomorrow. If you've got the job - congratulations! If you haven't got the job use it as a lesson in asking at the end of an interview when the chosen candidate will be contacted.

I usually do ask when they will contact me with feedback but the guy was not sure because he needs to discuss with the another person as there should have been two people interviewing me. As I was only interviewed by one person because the second person was busy.

I had another interview and trial last week the employer told me that they would let me know by end of last week and I am still waiting for them to contact me so nothing is 100%. The employer will do what they want and will contact you if they feel like it.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    It is reasonable to call with this short notice, ask outright if you'll be coming in on Monday. Just a quick "Hi, it's xyz here, I came in for interview on Tuesday for a job starting this Monday - I was just wanting to check if it went well and if so, what time should I come in Monday? How should I dress?" sounds positive, with a good reason for calling, and will cut to the chase :-)
  • katu
    katu Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    It seems to be a very common thing that you take the time to go for an interview - arranging time off work, using lunch-hours etc... and they don't let you know how you did. I do actually find it extremely rude. I don't think it's unreasonable to just email or call to find out if there is an update.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August 2011 at 3:54PM
    Options
    hello2007 wrote: »
    I usually do ask when they will contact me with feedback but the guy was not sure because he needs to discuss with the another person as there should have been two people interviewing me. As I was only interviewed by one person because the second person was busy.

I had another interview and trial last week the employer told me that they would let me know by end of last week and I am still waiting for them to contact me so nothing is 100%. The employer will do what they want and will contact you if they feel like it.
    I think you're missing the point a bit. You need to ask when the successful candidate will be contacted; if it's not you, then you can ask for feedback.
    Secondly, employers will let the successful candidate know when they say they will - if you're not contacted by that point then you know - by default - you've bee unsuccesful.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure