Cannock Gates

Options
Ordered some gates at the end of July delivery within 28days. They came within 14 days but one gate post was incorrect and the gate fittings were missing. After numerous phone calls the correct gates post is supposed to come today but I'm holding my breath it's been over two weeks and they promised it would be dispatched on Friday on an overnight delivery as a special order. It took them two attempts to send the gate fittings because they just did not think estate gates are two gates so only sent one lot of fittings first time. They were supposed to ring 30 mins before delivery in order that someone would be at the property they didn't. They wouldn't tell me the courier so I could try to track the package myself.
Now they tell me I need to take another day off work for them to collect the incorrect post because they haven't sent me a returns label even though they have known for over two weeks it needs to be returned. They can't collect today when they deliver apparently because it has no returns label. The house they are delivering to is empty and they cannot seem to grasp this or that there is no secure place for them to leave it hence the need for the gates.
I've had no response to my questions

a) why the wrong post was manufactured in the first place
b) why it was not noticed on dispatch that it was the incorrect post or why the fittings for the estate gates were missing.
c) why it took you two attempts to send the estate gate fittings
d) why you couldn't send a returns label having known for over two weeks the items needs to be collected thereby you incurring more costs in sending out a second or even third courier.
Where do I stand on returning the incorrect gate post. I cant afford to take another day off for their incompetence. I've offered to leave it in the drive but if it goes missing before collection will I be responsible. They say they will collect from another address but how am I supposed to get a long gate post to another address and that would still entail taking another day off work to be there.

All they offered me today as a goodwill gesture is to refund the £31 delivery costs which in no way compensates me for my loss of at least two if not three days pay and the inconvenience and stress. They say they don’t offer compensation.
:mad:

Comments

• aardvarkpest
    Options
    Pardon me for breathing. How much money do you earn in a day? more that £31 I bet. At least get the figure correct if you are going to go off on one. As I've said I've had to take off days for deliveries of incorrect and missing items and now for returning incorrect items. Which should never have occured if they had the correct checking processes in place at manufacture and dispatch
    . One mistake I can understand but not so many.
  • aardvarkpest
    Options
    Pardon me for breathing. How much money do you earn in a day? more that £31 I bet. At least get the figure correct if you are going to go off on one. As I've said I've had to take off days for deliveries of incorrect and missing items and now for returning incorrect items. Which should never have occured if they had the correct checking processes in place at manufacture and dispatch
    . One mistake I can understand but not so many.

I asked a polite question a polite response would have been nice.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK, sorry I got the number wrong. Now corrected.

See, we all make mistakes. :D
  • aardvarkpest
    Options
    Surprise surprise replacement gate post is IDENTICAL to the first one so WRONG. I now have a list of 16 mistakes they've made with one order.
    How many mistakes am I supposed to put up with then?
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    Can you not cancel and send the lot back? I wouldn't want to deal with a company like that.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport