How do i rebuild credit after DRO/BR

Options
hayes101
hayes101 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 31 August 2011 at 10:05AM in IVA & DRO
Hi,
I am at the very early stages of sorting my money out but it has been made clear that a DRO or BR is a very real possibility for me. I wanted to get some advice and some or your personal experiances on what the obsticals and how to rebuild your credit rating after DRO/BR are?
Thank you
Hayes

Comments

• scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    hayes101 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am at the very early stages of sorting my money out but it has been made clear that a DRO or BR is a very real possibility for me. I wanted to get some advice and some or your personal experiances on what the obsticals and how to rebuild your credit rating after DRO/BR are?
    Thank you
    Hayes
    hi hayes, and welcome ..i had a dro 5 months ago and i have to say its the best thing i ever did..why not have a read through the dro thread (it may take u a while haha)..but there are loads of different experiences on there..there is also a credit file clean up link some-where..which is roughly the same for a dro as it is for BR...the main difference is the dro only costs £90 and u dont have to attend court whereas BR costs £700 (reduced a bit iff ur on benefits)..ur first port of call has to be getting in touch with one of the free debt charities..either the CAB...NDL..or CCCS....good luck..:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure