Anyone used nationwide-ppi-claims.co.uk

Options
has anyone know anything about this firm as they have been in touch with me today about claiming my ppi

Comments

• crazyguy
    crazyguy Posts: 5,495 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever they are charging I will do it for 10% less , NO

You can do this yourself, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE A PPI CLAIM FIRM

Write to the lender yourself asking for a refund of all the ppi paid,
  • walsalldave
    Options
    thanks for quick reply
    they said 25% i no a lot is it really that simple to do it yourself
  • crazyguy
    crazyguy Posts: 5,495 Forumite
    Options
    Yep sure is, if you have the agreement/loan account details post off a letter and ask for a refund of all ppi paid, simples
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for quick reply

Yes it really is that simple. You only need to fill one very simple form in.

You can find the form here....

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

Under the "Standard documents for PPI complaints" section just download the "consumer questionnaire" and fill it in and send it off to whoever you are claiming from (bank etc). That is all one of these claims companies will do for you and charge you a fortune for it.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,474 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Its a vatable service as well so you need to add VAT to that 25%.
    Yep sure is, if you have the agreement/loan account details post off a letter and ask for a refund of all ppi paid, simples

not quite as simple as that. You need to state why you believe it was mis-sold as there is nothing wrong with having PPI. You are making a complaint about how it was sold or how it was set up.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • walsalldave
    Options
    thanks for all the help will have a look into it cant remember taking loans out so got no chance of remembering how i ended up with the ppi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure