Tesco Online Price Guide...

Hi All

I know its "just a guide" - but my latest pre promo guide came to £60 - only that high as I had a coupon for £6 off a £60 shop - yet the actual pre promo price came in at £84.42 - a massive £24.42 !!!

Am I over reacting, or is this unreasonalble?

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Depends, did you order lots of items that needed to be weighed? For example I ordered a pork joint, clicked I wanted one that cost £4.59, got sent one that cost over £10. They always tend to send more veg that I order, especially grapes and cherries. It all adds up.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Am I over reacting, or is this unreasonalble?

No, you are not being unreasonable. It's an excessive discrepancy.

I don't doubt it's all perfectly innocent as it's not something that seems to happen a lot.

Why not analyse where the increase have occurred and let us know. As the poster above says, if it's all on weighed items it's more understandable.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • Thanks - I have checked line by line and there is no difference that I can see between online and my receipt!

So, I have rang customer services, to be told that I have to wait to see what it says on my bank statement as it may not be the same as the receipt??

Its also strange that the difference between the pre promotion online guide price and actual pre promotion pirce was £24.42 - yet the promotion savings also came to £24 ? Was this an honest mistake and they just re - added all the savings back on??

All I ordered was cupboard, freezer and fridge stock to take advantage of the promotions - no weighed items at all.
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Its also strange that the difference between the pre promotion online guide price and actual pre promotion pirce was £24.42 - yet the promotion savings also came to £24 ? Was this an honest mistake and they just re - added all the savings back on??

The invoice is initially calculated without savings so the 'original' total appears. There is then a summary of the savings and the price after savings appears.

I haven't done an online shop for a while but it looks as if they may just give you a list of what you spent and the original price and the summation of that without showing the net results after savings.

Seems an odd way to do things but I would guess that's the most likely explanation. Makes a lot more sense than a ~40% discrepancy.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • It says:

Cost of products pre promotion: £84.42
    Service charge: £3
    Promotions Savings: - £24.06
    Coupon: - £6

Total cost of shopping: £57.36

So, bearing in mind I was expecting that £84.42 to be nearer £60 & I can not see any difference receipt to online pre- promo costs- I'm at a loss...
  • Spoke to Tesco again as I was indeed charged the £57.36 - spoke to a lovely lady, she couldn't work out what was going on or why, said it looked like an honest mistake and refunded me £24. Job sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure