We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

cash back at the till

Hi,
does anyone know if there is a minimum amount of cashback you can get at the till? i only want 3pounds. (I will be at asda in the morning)

Thanks
Caz

Comments

  • My local Asda the min is £10.00
    Can I find out my credit score?
    You do not have a single credit score or rating. Different organisations take different information into account when working out your credit score and may have different scores for different products. (Kindly from Experian)
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,856 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    My local Asda has a £10.00 min cashback policy too.

    However I have seen someone get £1.00 cashback in Tesco before.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • I've managed to get a minimum of £5 cashback in the Co-Operative and in Sainsburys. I know Waitrose's minimum is £10 but I couldn't tell you if there's any that offer below £5.
    :)Gone from Poor to Excellent Credit. Proud of my recovery. Never going back to the sub prime! :)
    NatWest Select, Advantage Gold, First Reserve & e-ISA account holder. Holding: NatWest Platinum MasterCard, Virgin MasterCard and American Express Gold charge card.
  • Why go to your local Post Office as I can draw any amount, such as £5.75 for example, from the counter, available funds permitting of course :).
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"


  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have been able to get £5.00 from ASDA before.
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    5.00 min at asda
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,736 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Why go to your local Post Office as I can draw any amount, such as £5.75 for example, from the counter, available funds permitting of course :).

    This is a good idea, however it does depend on whether your bank has an arrangement with the Post Office. Not all accounts are accessible this way.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.