PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pegs!

Options
Hi there
Can any of you lovely peeps tell me where to get some pegs that last and dont crumble (all over the garden) when been used a couple of times. Its driving me crazy:mad: as i try to peg and they snap into bits!
Thank you:D

Comments

• building_with_lego
    Options
    Lakeland to the rescue: soft grip pegs that come in a little caddy- they just go on and on and are really strong but don't leave horrible marks.
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • lizzyb1812
    lizzyb1812 Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2011 at 4:20PM
    Options
    I use wooden ones
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    Another vote for wooden ones - they're made from environmentally friendly materials and they go on for years. However, I can't seem to get on with dolly pegs. I like the spring-loaded version.
  • Newgirl_2
    Newgirl_2 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm guessing it's plastic ones that are doing this? The reason most pegs crumble is when they are left outside to bake in the sun (or if you live with my OH, get frostbite over winter!).

I've never had a problem with even the cheap and cheerful ones from Wilkinson's or Tesco if you bring them in when you retrieve your laundry.

Newgirl
  • crazyguy
    crazyguy Posts: 5,495 Forumite
    Options
    You could also try the very big bull dog clips !
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    I extra strong soft grip pegs - I`ll never buy the cheao flimsy pegs again!
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    Wooden ones for me...bought 'em from Tesco and they last well.
    Normal people worry me.
  • katsclaws
    katsclaws Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had pegs from Marks and Spencer. They lasted for years. I have recently bought some from John Lewis and they have been awful.
  • deborah64
    deborah64 Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    Another vote for wooden pegs, changed from plastic this year for the very same reason,
    Had quite a job finding some though xx
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Have only ever used wooden pegs, they last for ever. Never leave them out though.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport