MSE News: Santander still by far the worst bank for customer service

13»

Comments

• IrishGypsy
    IrishGypsy Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ses6jwg wrote: »
    In my experience, in the branch I work in which is very small, the older members of staff who are ex Abbey and A&L rely on myself and another twenty-something member of staff who started 18 months ago - as they cannot get to grips with the new computer system and we are only ones who know how to complete complex transactions on the "system"
    Systems training and information fragmentation are two of the banks biggest issues that leads to staff not fully trained or unable to quickly and effectively fix a problem early on (before it escalates and needs to be sent to the complaints department).

It's a real shame too, as I've seen just how much work has gone on in the background to implement improvements to the system and - in turn - benefit the customer.

If staff knew their way around the system better (via more training) and could get answers to less obvious questions, it'd likely stave off a ton of complaints. :(
  • Naf
    Naf Posts: 3,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    IrishGypsy wrote: »
    Systems training and information fragmentation are two of the banks biggest issues that leads to staff not fully trained or unable to quickly and effectively fix a problem early on (before it escalates and needs to be sent to the complaints department).

It's a real shame too, as I've seen just how much work has gone on in the background to implement improvements to the system and - in turn - benefit the customer.

If staff knew their way around the system better (via more training) and could get answers to less obvious questions, it'd likely stave off a ton of complaints. :(

Few people knew their way around the systems better than me. I had zero training, I just looked around for things and eventually found them. It is an absolute nightmare to find anything you're looking for, unless you already know exactly where to go.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • Naf wrote: »
    Few people knew their way around the systems better than me. I had zero training, I just looked around for things and eventually found them. It is an absolute nightmare to find anything you're looking for, unless you already know exactly where to go.
    I reckon I'd give you a damn good run for your money on that one ;):p
  • I am furious and incredulous at the ineptitude of Santander. I have had my savings account blocked because I had the temerity to take money out after a year of inactivity - the call centres don't seem to be able to do anything but offer platitudes and promise 'call backs' which never happen, the branch staff are sympathetic but powerless to do anything about it - it is a complete and total mess. Ignore the extra fraction of % of interest and avoid like the plague. They are not capable of running a proper customer service!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure