edf gas

Options
I have recently changed over to a different provider from edf as they said they were cheaper but each month my bills were rising by quite alot, i dont use central heating just hot water and the cooker.At the weekend I discovered I had quite a major gas leak under ground and it was on my property, they have had to move the meter to outside.
my question is- will this affect my huge gas bills?:mad:

Comments

• timbo58
    timbo58 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    If you've had a leak and they've fixed it then your bills should come down surely?
    Unless specifically stated all posts by me are my own considered opinion.
    If you don't like my opinion feel free to respond with your own.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    trinacraig wrote: »
    I have recently changed over to a different provider from edf as they said they were cheaper but each month my bills were rising by quite alot, i dont use central heating just hot water and the cooker.At the weekend I discovered I had quite a major gas leak under ground and it was on my property, they have had to move the meter to outside.
    my question is- will this affect my huge gas bills?:mad:

Presumably, the meter was previously inside the property then? i.e. after the underground leak so you weren't paying for any escaping gas.

In any event, it's unlikely that any gas leak would have a significant effect on your gas bill. Any significant leak under your home that would significantly affect your bill, would probably mean you and your home were no longer here :eek:
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure