EON please help

Options
I'm going to try and cut a long story short ;)

We moved to a new house beginning of march, previous tenant had debt on the meters and everytime we put credit on the meters it was being eaten. (I stupidly didnt keep reciepts) I've rang them loads and everytime i was told to take my key into my newsagents and ask them to put a certain number on the key and then i would get a refund on my meter, done this 10+ times but it never worked at all.

I gave up to be honest but decided a couple of weeks ago i was determined to get our money back. Rang AGAIN (their number is premium rate) and was told they only owed me £25 and take my key again to the shop with a number to be put on and lo and behold it didnt work.

I have now looked at my prepayment statement online and its their in black and white on my account that i'm owed £160 as it was incorrectly applied.

I have emailed them with a complaint, is their anything else i can do? I just want my money back :mad:

Thanks in advance for any help :j
Baby Thomas Jake 'TJ' is due 01.11.10

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi fannyannie

I'm sorry it's taking so long to update your meter.

After you moved in, did we send you a new key or have you been using the previous tenant's key? It may be we need to send a new key rather than just keep giving you numbers to take to your local newsagent.

However, the agents you've spoken to in the past should have picked this up so you've done the best thing in complaining.

Have you sent the complaint to our Director's Office? This is the best area to deal with this. Contact details are on your bills.

Again, sorry it's taking so long fannyannie but hope this helps point you in the right direction. Give me a shout if I can help further as happy to do so.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure