help confused on gas/elec - edf

Options
batches66
batches66 Posts: 31 Forumite
Hi - can any1 help :money:, I have gas & elec on edf online saver v7 till dec 2011. is it worth me changing even tho I will be charged £25 each for early termination. They said they can change me to either
fixed till 2012 or fixed 2014. i get confused on all the unit/standing charges. - thanks to any1 who can help me, im all a :eek:.

Comments

• Hockeynut
    Hockeynut Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just looking at the 2014 fixed price, and noticed the 2012 fixed one too. (But coming from BG.)

From what I've been able to work out. Essentially you pay a bit more standing charge on the 2014, but have the added security of it being fixed till 2014. So the savings per year aren't quite as immediate. But if energy prices continue increasing, then 2012-2014 will still be fixed and sitting nicely. :)

HTH.

I have decided on the 2014 fixed, but want to find the best comparison site to use for a nice reward/cashback. :)
  • batches66
    batches66 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    thanks honeynut - erm Im wondering how much the prices are going to go up by over the next few years. Im tempted to go for fixed till 2014 but will also look at Utility Warehouse now (been told they are usually cheaper than the big companies). Will do comparison sites as you say, nothing wrong with a good reward/cashback :rotfl: More investigating I guess :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure