BT Customer Thinking Of Moving!

Options
My current phone contract for BT Option 2 ends in the middle of this month.

I’ve never given much thought to moving phone companies before as to be honest I found the whole thing really confusing ??? :confused:

I think from what I read on the BT website that there line rental is £10.75 if you pay via Direct Debit – would this be all I have to pay if I moved my calls to another company or would VAT be added to that.

I spent a lot of time off work last year and really should have switched to Option 3 with BT as I made a lot of calls during the daytime, but I forgot!

As I am working towards saving as much as possible I am thinking of switching but I really don’t know where to start!

Can anyone recommend a good company? :j

I have Sky TV and I am in a contract with AOL for BB (12 months left). Cannot get Cable in my area!

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Save time and money by clicking the 'HERE' link in my signature below and spending 10 minutes or so considering your options.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Icemoose wrote:
    I think from what I read on the BT website that there line rental is £10.75 if you pay via Direct Debit – would this be all I have to pay if I moved my calls to another company or would VAT be added to that.

The £10.75/month includes VAT but is the price if you agree to no paper bills (as well as pay by direct debit)

If you wish to receive paper bills, its £11/month (inc VAT)

Regards
    Sunil
  • Icemoose
    Icemoose Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Heinz for the link, will check it out!

Thanks Sunil I am on paperless billing with BT, I did wonder why some were paying £11 - 25p saved for being paperless!
  • dave49
    dave49 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    The Euphoney package appears to be the best option at present - if you are prepared to commit to 18 months.
  • Icemoose
    Options
    I think I am going to go with Sky Talk Unlimted as I like the idea of not being tied to a contract and still save money!
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Icemoose wrote:
    I think I am going to go with Sky Talk Unlimted as I like the idea of not being tied to a contract and still save money!
    Yes, apart from the fact that (if you think about it) you are tied to a contract (you have to continue paying Sky another £15 or more per month otherwise you become inelligible for Sky Talk), for £5 per month, it's almost as good as Euphony's £5.99 per month eutalk+18 CPS package.

That, of course, has the downside of the 18 month contract but the upside of the 18 extra countries and the £4.99/month reduction in the charge for the first 6 months (bringing the average monthly cost down to £4.33/month for the 18 months of the initial contract).

In both cases, it has to be remembered that the monthly subscription(s) will apply even when you're away on holiday and not using the 'phone at all
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Icemoose
    Options
    Good point Heinz, maybe I'll review my choice... as for holidays I never got away for more than 4 / 5 days at a time as I won't put the dog in kennals! and I've not been away at all last year!

Will look again tonight, thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure