PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Saving cooking time tips

Options
2»

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The lid must be very close fitting if you don't want to transfer taste, but for tatties a pyrex dish with lid or even a dish with an upturned plate on top wll do. Just make sure the two dishes won't run or bubble into each other.

Sorry TM, I posted this tippett yonks ago but I forget people are joining and dipping in and out all the time. I know exactly what you mean about food looking lost in the big cookers, I only have the ONE slo-cooker but I've heard a rumour that some are completely over-the-top and crazy and have about, THREE - Yes THREE can you believe it:p ;) It's a thin line between crock-pot and crack-pot (or so I'm told):D

Edit: Hope you don't mind a bit of Ol'Style gentle teasing Tm. :)
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LOL @ MATH. Yup, you might be right about the crack-pot bit.:D

But just think - soup in one, roast in another and pud in the third. What's wrong with that? Wel, just got my lamb and spuds in one, so on that note - might stick a tapioca pud in now.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure