Pipex phone line & Primus?

Options
My situation is that I currently have a BT phone line, with the Primus saver 2 option for it, plus i'm paying £14.99 p/month for pipex broadband. My BT contract only lasts until next month as I took out a 3 monther, and am thinking of changing my land line to pipex also, as i'll get it cheaper than i do with my current set up (i'd rather not do this, but money suggests i must)

My question is, when i get my pipex land line, can i still use Primus on the line, or do i have to cancel with them/are they only available for BT lines? I dont really wanna get rid of the Primus, but if anyone knows better, please feel free to inform me!

Thanks

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You can only use a CPS (Carrier PreSelect) provider if you pay line rental to BT.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure